You probably already know that at some point in your pregnancy you won’t be able to see your toes, but you might not have considered the dilemma of swollen feet yet. Here are the best shoes for swollen feet to wear while pregnant. And, yes, we made sure that they are cute and on-trend!
Pregnancy Feet? Here are 15 Great Shoes for Swollen Feet!
What To Look For in Shoes When You’re Pregnant and Your Feet are Swollen
Sometimes pregnancy seems like it’s flying by and other times you just want to hit fast forward. It is always good to be prepared since you don’t know what is right around the corner, and since many women struggle with swollen feet you will want a couple of pairs of comfy stretchy shoes.
When you are on the hunt for the perfect pair, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Avoid Laces– At some point, your belly is going to get so big that you won’t be able to see your feet. This obviously complicates tying your shoes. That being said it is best to just avoid laces altogether. Who needs them anyways?
- Say No to Buckles or Straps– Just like with laces, buckles and straps are just going to be really difficult with a big belly in the way!
- Support Matters– When your feet are swollen you don’t want to put shoes on period. This makes it tempting to get the flimsiest type of shoe, however, you will definitely want to consider support. Having a supportive shoe will be especially important if you will be on your feet a lot. Even with the most supportive of shoe, you still reserve the right to demand foot rubs.
- The Stretchier the Better– Your feet will probably be fluctuating in size quite a bit, so the stretchier the better. This will make it way easier to get your foot in and out.
- There are Cute Options!– When reading everything above, it is easy to get discouraged and think that there won’t be any cute shoes to wear while pregnant. Wrong! There are tons of cute options that feature everything above.
The 15 Best Shoes for Swollen Feet While Pregnant
1. New Balance Fuel Core– The Everyday Shoes for Swollen Feet (That You Can Wear After Pregnancy, too!)
Yes, these don’t follow all my rules. However, you can easily tuck the laces in making them a slip-on shoe. These New Balances are a great choice if you refuse to buy a shoe that you will only wear while pregnant. They are super trendy, so you will be able to wear them into motherhood.
2. Birkenstock in Arizona Suede– The Easiest to Slip-On and Off
If there is any time in life that you have the excuse to where stocks & socks, it is definitely when you are pregnant. You have to take advantage of this because Birkenstocks are so comfortable! Once they have formed to your feet, you won’t want to wear anything else. They are perfect for swollen feet since you can widen the strap before you put them on.
I will warn you, though, break these in before your feet start to swell!
3. TOMS Classic Slip Ons– The Shoe That Will Form to Your Foot
I know TOMS were a big thing years ago, but I am down to bring them back! There are tons of cute color options, my personal favorite being the gray and tweed above. Plus, they are super easy to get on and off and are stretchy enough to form to your swollen feet.
4. Old Navy Flip-Flops– A Simple Must-Have for Pregnancy
Keeping things simple, you can’t go wrong with Old Navy flip flops. They are comfortable and easy to slide on and off. On top of that, they come in just about every color you can think of and are definitely budget-friendly. This is basically as close as you are going to get to wearing no shoes.
Bonus; these will also be great to wear around the hospital when your baby makes their debut!
5. Adidas Slides– The Best Shoe to Toss in Your Hospital Bag
I would like to send a huge thank you to whoever made Adidas slides popular again. These shoes are completely acceptable to wear in public whether you have swollen pregnancy feet or not. They are perfect for every occasion from the grocery store to a doctor’s appointment.
These are also another great option to pack in your hospital bag (along with some fuzzy socks, of course). They come in a huge variety of colors from the traditional black and white to the pretty mint above.
6. UGG Women’s Slipper– The Comfiest Shoes for Swollen Feet
These slippers are life-changing. They are extremely soft and comfortable, so you will probably want to wear them around the house all day long. Plus, they do have a rubber bottom if you need to run outside in them. If you will be pregnant through the winter, these are definitely a must-have.
7. Target Slip-On Flexible Bottom Shoe– The Best Shoe to Pair with Your Maternity Leggings
I am loving this camo print slip-on shoe. The slip-resistant rubber sole is super flexible, which makes them easy to get on even with swollen feet. I think these would look super cute with a pair of leggings and a long tee. You can find our favorite maternity leggings here!
8. Sketchers Go Walk Joy– The Stretchiest Material of Them All
They might not be the cutest option on this list, but there is a reason these have long been a favorite among pregnant mamas. These shoes are made of super stretchy material so you won’t ever have a problem getting them onto your swollen feet. They are lightweight and cushiony inside making them a great option if you will be in your feet for an extended time.
9. Teva Sneakers– The Best Shoes for the Adventurous Pregnant Ladies!
You guys, I am OBSESSED with these tennis shoes. They are made of breathable mesh keeping your feet cool. This mesh also provides great stretch, so you can still get your swollen feet in these shoes when you’re pregnant. The sole is super light and offers enough support. This is a great tennis shoe option if you are looking for something with no pesky laces to tie.
Check out more of our favorite Teva Sneakers below!
10. Crocs Women’s Busy Day Stretch Asymmetrical Wedge– The Best Shoe for Swollen Feet When You’re a Working Mom
If you are a working pregnant mama, these Crocs will keep you comfortable and looking professional. The footbed will have you feeling like you are walking on clouds. They will get the job done whether you are required to stand or walk around for any length of time. To give you an idea of their stretchiness, the top of the shoe is kind of like yoga pants material.
11. Amazon Essentials Ballet Flat– A Cute Option for the Working Mom
This is another option for working pregnant moms. These are an Amazon Essential meaning they are super affordable. They also come in a couple of different colors, so you can perfectly match them to your wardrobe. So many flats get really narrow up by your toes, but these have a rounded toe to give your feet plenty of room. Any extra room in a shoe is a godsend when your pregnant and your feet are swollen.
12. Converse Shoreline Low Top– A Classic (But Make It Stretchy!)
If you are a converse girl who is dreading giving them up during pregnancy, these are a great compromise. The back is stretchy so they will easily adjust to a changing foot. Plus, no laces to tie! If you loosen the laces, you can pull the tongue out really far making it a breeze to slip in your swollen foot.
13. Naturalizer Yola Slip-On Sneaker– A Trendy Shoe for Swollen Feet
Trendy and comfortable, these slip-on sneakers make for the perfect pregnancy shoe. The high platform makes them a bit fancier than the usual slip-on. It is a great shoe to wear out (even though you should know that no matter what the occasion, pregnancy is a pass to dress comfy). The footbed has tons of cushion, too! They also come in a tan and a pretty charcoal color.
14. Women’s Neida Eva Two Band Slide Sandals– A Budget Option if You Love Birks
If you love the Birkenstocks but not their price tag, Target has come to the rescue with these two band slide sandals. Just like with the Birkenstocks, you can adjust the straps prior to putting them on if your feet are swollen. This pair also happens to be plastic making them good waterproof shoes for summer months.
15. Chaco Classic Athletic Sandal– The Best Shoes for Hiking with Swollen Feet
If you aren’t letting pregnancy put a pause on your outdoorsy ways, you have to look into getting yourself a pair of Chaco Classic Sandals. They do have a buckle, which isn’t ideal, but as long as you have a hiking buddy they can help you out. This is a great shoe for swollen feet because they are made to custom-fit your foot with easily adjustable straps.
Don’t worry, you will have your normal feet back someday that fit into those cute booties sitting in your closet. Until then, at least there are lots of ways to cope and plenty of cute shoes to choose from. In the meantime, drink lots of water and keep your feet elevated when possible!
Have More Questions? Feel free to leave comments below or please reach out to our Rookie Moms Facebook Group if you would like to speak with other mamas!
You May Also Like:
Pin for Later!