Every year we update our list of Stay at Home Jobs for moms. Why? Because there are so many challenges becoming a mom. You might be switching from two incomes to one income. You are switching from work life to mom life. Oh, and there is this whole new person who has now entered your life. Thus, our list of flexible stay at home mom jobs.
I’ll acknowledge that for some women, none of them will be a fit. However, if you are looking for some opportunities to leverage technology and earn a little money from home while watching a baby, then this article is for you.
11 Super Flexible Stay at Home Mom Jobs for 2019!
I’m a total believer in outsourcing childcare while working, for the record. Hence, my children are at camp as I type this. However, I totally resonate with moms who seek stay at home jobs they can do during naptime, or after bedtime, and flexible work does exist. Some jobs can even be done while pushing a stroller. Seriously.
11 flexible work at home jobs for moms!
- Rent baby gear to traveling families. BabyQuip.com is a great stay at home mom job as it connects traveling families with family-friendly people at their vacation destination who rent, deliver, and set up baby gear to their hotel or vacation rental. Easily create your rental website and select the gear you want to rent, your rental prices, delivery areas and fees. Fun and rewarding work. Head of Community for the company, Trish McDermott, tells us moms can make about $1,000/month while delighting traveling families as a BabyQuip Trusted Partner.
- Dog watching. One of the best jobs for stay at home moms who love their four-legged friends. Rover.com matches dog owners who need pet sitting with pet lovers who want to help. Create your profile and set your prices. Must be in a city populated enough to find business, but the potential to earn hundreds of dollars per month is there. (Heather in Seattle nets $500 to $1000 per month this way.)
- Amazon.com announced work from home jobs. Customer Service positions for Amazon are open. Visit their jobs website and select Work From Home in the location pull-down menu to get the job descriptions. Talk about a sweet job at home, so many have incredibly flexible hours which is what us moms need.
- Running errands and other odd jobs. Users of TaskRabbit.com post any task they need help with, ranging from data entry to delivering balloons from a shop to a home. TaskRabbits bid for the jobs and get paid upon completion. I have hired a “Rabbit” to deliver a truck full of diapers to a charity event. My friend Lynn hired a tech-savvy Rabbit to create a themed playlist for a baby shower. If you can handle doing someone’s grocery shopping while you do your own, this could be for you.
- Childcare Provider
While this one isn’t super flexible SAHM job it can be a very lucrative one. Babysit other children you can earn around $28,000 to $52,000. You are already watching your own kiddos, might as well add a few (I guess easier said than done). You must meet state licensing laws to open a center. It’s a fantastic option for a stay at home mom job because you keep your children with you and they make friends and you also get to meet new moms.
- Promote & Sell your Skills on Fiverr – Everyone has got a skill and Fiverr is an online community where people come for literally 1,000’s of types of jobs. If you can create a logo, write a blog post, do voiceover work, write a press copy, or pretty much anything, there is a job for it. There are literally 1,000’s of opportunities to sell your talent!
- NEW! Become a Virtual Assistant – Virtual assistants are in high demand these days as people are working more and more online especially with social media. These tasks can range from something like scheduling pins on Pinterest to commenting on Instagram or even liking a bunch of posts. You can find a lot of jobs available on Upwork.com (you will hear us refer a lot to upwork for online positions)
- Tutoring. My friend Jenny tapped into a high-income community and used her teaching background to earn $40/hour helping with homework. The real money came when she bundled three kids together for group homework sessions, charging each family $25/hr. That’s $75 for an hour of work that can be done while your baby naps. Or, while you pay a teenager $10 to watch the baby in another room. This is one of those work at home jobs for moms that can be both financially beneficial and personally rewarding as you help children learn. There is an online community of tutors so that you can do tutoring over the phone and online. Check out Who Teaches to become an online tutor.
- Secret Shopper. Big companies need real consumers to walk into a store and see how their product is displayed on the shelf. A couple of apps — Rewardable and Gigwalk — enable moms to complete those tasks for a few dollars. Yes, really, set your expectations that it’s just a few dollars, but hey, maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Or maybe you were going to Home Depot anyway, so snapping a picture of the Rustoleum display for $4 is no skin off your back. Expect to get paid via PayPal.
- Office and technical work. Upwork is a marketplace for computer-driven work. If you’re a master of Photoshop, Powerpoint, data entry, or other office skills, you can pick up work as you have time. There are so many job opportunities and many are flexible positions in which the work can be done while you are available.
- NEW Not-so-secret shopper, aka Stylist. If you love fashion and love to pick out clothes for other people, StitchFix can use your talents. You’ll use an online system to create boxes for customers based on their fashion profiles.
- Sell Products You Love. – I have never been a sales type of person, however, I can tell my friends the things I love to shop for. Companies like Stella & Dot (which has such cute jewelry) enable women to get a business of the ground really fast. (Bonus: if you sign up with Stella & Dot with our affiliate link, you’ll get $350 in free accessories.) Do you want to be a Style Boss? Learn more.
- Teaching jobs, done via computer from home. Kobe Bryant-backed education company VIPKID allows people to teach English online to students in China, on a flexible, part-time basis. Learn more.
- Write for a Blog – Several bloggers out there need writers, some pay per article and other’s will give you complimentary items or even trips. Once again check out upwork.com for this great opportunity.
You might also enjoy these articles:
Pin for Later – 11 Super Flexible Stay at Home Mom Jobs for 2019