With the sudden change of events that are going on in our world, you may be starting a new career… as a teacher to your children! We know that this was not a job you originally signed up for, but we are here to bring a little humor to you. We have put together 35 of the funniest homeschool quotes and memes that we know will make your day a little better.
Hilarious Homeschool Quotes & Memes
Memes have taken over the Internet (particularly Facebook and Twitter) because they allow us to relate to each other on a whole new level. After all, the best humor always has a little truth behind it. Homeschooling mamas definitely need a little humor to make it through the week because it is a wild ride to teach our little ones about the world and set them on the path to success.
Now that you have gotten a good laugh in, here are a couple of additional homeschool quotes for inspiration. You might not have a cheerleader chanting, “You can do it!” for every obstacle you face, but with these words of inspiration, you can become your own cheerleader. After all, you might end up so inspired that you keep up the homeschooling long after these crazy time in the world is over!
1. “Childhood is not a race to see how quickly a child can read, write, and count. It is a small window of time to learn and develop at the pace that is right for each individual child. Earlier does not equal better.” –Magda Gerber
2. “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.” –C. S. Lewis
3. “Homeschooling allows you the freedom to step off the highway of learning and take a more scenic route along a dirt road.” –Tamara L. Chilver
4. “Expecting a kid to learn only from a textbook is like asking them to look at a travel brochure and calling it a vacation.” –Unknown
5. â€œThere is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.â€ –Gandhi
6. â€œToo often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.â€ –Roger Lewin
7. â€œKnowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child’s natural bent.â€ –Plato
8. â€œWe can get too easily bogged down in the academic part of homeschooling, a relatively minor part of the whole, which is to raise competent, caring, literate, happy people.â€ –Diane Flynn Keith
9. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” –Nelson Mandela
10. “When we are connected, when we feel heard, when we feel like we aren’t being force-fed an education… that’s when real, passionate, fiery learning takes place.” –Jessica Pilton
That’s a wrap! I hope you got a good laugh out of these homeschool memes and quotes. Hopefully, they put a smile on your face that will last throughout the day… even if it’s spent homeschooling your wild kids. I promise having a good attitude is the first step to making it through this journey. Just keep in mind when your child looks back on this time with you, they will remember the laughs and the bond you built above all else.
If you’re looking for some mamas to relate to and also share advice with join our Rookie Moms Facebook Group!
You May Also Like: