Kindness is a virtue that we all strive for. It is a positive way of interacting with others while also keeping our own spirits high. One way to spread kindness, or even just to remind us how to be kind, is by starting each day or week, with a kindness quote. By doing this with children, we can help make their days better and have something to remind them to think about. We have put together a list of 50 kindness quotes for kids that will surely brighten your day and theirs.
- â€œKindness begins with meâ€ -Anonymous
- â€œIf you see someone without a smile, give them yoursâ€-Dolly Parton
- â€œBe kind whenever possible. It is always possible.â€ -Dalai Lama
- â€œYou can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness!â€ –Anne Frank
- â€œNever be so busy as not to think of others.â€ -Mother Teresa
- â€œKindness is a universal language.â€ -RAKtivist
- â€œIf you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.â€ Booker T. Washington
Kindness Quotes to Remind Our Kids of Frequently:
- â€œTo the world, you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.â€ –Dr. Seuss
- â€œKnow what sparks the light in you, then use that light to illuminate the worldâ€ -Oprah Winfrey
- â€œWhen you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.â€ -Harold Kushner
- â€œThree things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.â€ -Henry James
- â€œNever believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever haveâ€ -Margaret Mead
- â€œGreat things are done by a series of small things brought togetherâ€ -Vincent Van Gogh
- â€œGood words bring good feelings to the heart. Speak with kindness, always.â€ -Rod Williams
- â€œAct with kindness, but do not expect gratitude.â€ -Confucius
- â€œKind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the blossoms. Kind deeds are the fruits.â€ -Kirpal Singh
- â€œSometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.â€ -Jackie Chan
The Big Life Quotes to Help Us Raise Kind Kids:
- â€œA single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.â€ -Amelia Earhart
- â€œThere is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.â€ -John Holmes
- â€œYou cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.â€ -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- â€œThe test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.â€ -Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- â€œThe purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you lived and lived well.â€ -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- â€œNever get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes, those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.â€ -Anonymous
- “Kindness in words creates confidence, kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” -Lao Tzu
- â€œA little madness a little kindness makes for happiness.â€ -Nicole Johnson
- â€œKind words don’t cost much. Yet they accomplish much.â€ -Blaise Pasca
Parenting comes with a lot of unknowns as our little ones sure don’t come with a guidebook. However, I think if we can keep a few important things at the forefront of our minds when parenting it all seems to make a little more sense. If we teach our children kindness, we have a really great base to build their future off of. We hope these kindness quotes for kids will help you bring some new lessons to your house!
Be sure to join our Rookie Moms Facebook Group for support from other mamas and expert tips!