There are probably a million things that come to mind when you think of the word “Mom” but I know the very first thing I think of is strength. As moms, nearly everything we do requires us to be strong. Whether it’s carrying around our toddler who just wants to be held all day or putting a smile on our face when all we really want to do is curl up and cry, every step of motherhood tests and pushes us. If today is a day when you could just use a laugh or a reminder that you’re a badass, these 50 strong mom quotes are sure to put a smile on your face!
50 Strong Mom Quotes
Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
Strong moms learn to laugh at the chaos and smile at the mess. They know that even though things aren’t always perfect, they are doing their best and the kids will be alright. These strong mom quotes showcase that and will inspire you to keep doing it like you’re doing it!
- “Ain’t no hood like motherhood.”
- “I don’t want to sleep like a baby. I want to sleep like my husband.”
- “Spit up is my new favorite accessory. No outfit is complete without it.”
- “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” P.J. O’Rourke
- What can I say? I am a little bit defensive.
- “It’s official. I’m in love… with my Roomba.”
- Sometimes you just gotta be a scary mommy.
- Hello, role reversal.
- “Showering as a mom is like an Olympic sport. Fans are calling your name and you’re pressured to finish in record time.”
- Thank you, ET, for being a classic with a relatable mom.
- The world will never know why a 6-year old needs 12 glasses of water before bed.
- “Silence isn’t golden, it’s suspicious”
- “Mother: that one word that cannot be defined in a single phrase; that one word that embodies all the love a human being could possibly offer.”
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” Milton Berle
- I mean, at least we’re keeping the sugar away from our kids, right?
Things Even Strong Moms Need to Hear to Get Through the Day
Somedays you probably wake up feeling like you’ve got it all under control, but other days require a little extra reminder that you are doing great. These quotes are the perfect way to give yourself that little reminder. You are not alone, you’ve got this. And if you repeat these things enough to yourself, you might just believe it!
- “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own. To teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing, even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…And to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.”
- “There is no way to be the perfect mother.. but a million ways to be a good one” – Jill Churchill
- Even if you have to warm it back up 4 times!
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” Laura Stavoe Harm
- “Love as powerful as your mothers leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply… will give us some protection forever.” J.K. Rowling
- You’ve got this.
- “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same”
- It is hard & you aren’t the only one who thinks so.
- Little, but not so easy, reminders.
- “You are going to miss this someday… I tell myself as I step on Legos all the way to the bathroom.”
- Your kiddo will appreciate it all someday.
Strong #MomLife Quotes That Tell it Like it is
In between the balance of laughing it off and feeling inspired, here is some real life for ya. I am pretty sure just about every mom reading this is going to relate to the next 15 quotes! This is what being a strong mom really feels like!
- “Started making myself breakfast, ended up making breakfast for everybody but me.”
- “So it turns out, being an adult is mostly just googling how to do stuff.”
- “I hate when I’m waiting for my mom to cook dinner and then I remember that I am the mom and I have to cook dinner.”
- “I had a lot of stuff to do today… now I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow”
- “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” -Nia Vardalos
- “Whoever wrote the song ‘I’m easy like Sunday morning’ did not have kids.”
- “90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again.”
- “A toddler can do more in 1 unsupervised minute than most people can do all day.”
- Getting real, even from the beginning.
Check out our Instagram for more hilarious, adorable, relatable content!
You May Also Like: