We had so much fun creating our weekly challenge list for rookie moms in 2011 that we wanted to do something similar this year. But totally different.
I am excited to announce that we are working on a new content series for 2012, focused on making stuff. Each week, we will highlight excellent clever do-it-yourself projects for parents. That might mean crafty stuff, photography ideas, food, or other DIY problem-solving projects. To be honest, we’re not totally sure yet. Stay tuned for more details!
We are calling it “Makin’ It with the Rookie Moms” and we hope you’ll join us!
- Make a no-sew Moby Wrap
- Easy swaddle blanket (tiny bit of sewing)
- Shopping cart cover (no sew!)
- Funny newborn photo ideas
- Mobiles: craft foam R2D2 or simple fabric circles
- Organic baby body wash
- Non-toxic finger paint
Fun with preschoolers:
- Publish your own I Spy book
- Glue-free Valentine’s decoration
- Photo placemats
- Easy 2-minute puppet theater
- Sew a felt doll dress (tutorial)
- Create cartoon-inspired meals (bento and plate varieties)
- Bake the easiest salmon in the world.
- How to make Mickey Mouse pancakes
- Making nutritious smoothies for toddlers
Furniture and decor:
- Make a wipeable art table
- Very simple party decorations
- Make a LEGO table
- Photograph letter art
- How to store stuffed animals
- How to make an easy paper bunting for your kid’s room or party
Other great ideas:
If you have a fun project to share, email us at moms [at] rookiemoms.com with the subject MAKIN’ IT. We’d love to feature your project!