Remember how when you sorta grew out of Halloween, there were still times when you were able to throw together a costume with items you had on hand, because at the last minute someone would convince you to dress up? This can work for a baby or toddler costume, too. Let’s do some super easy Baby Halloween costumes!
Here are a few more ideas for last-minute baby Halloween costumes:
- Aerobics instructor – onesie over leggings with baby legs if you’ve got ’em. Make a quick sweatband by cutting the edge off an outgrown newborn cap.
- Waldo – Red and white striped shirt or onesie. Beanie. Glasses optional. Don’t have the beanie on-hand? Make one out of a white t-shirt and stripe it with this.
- Tourist – Hawaiian shirt, shorts, socks with sandals. Print a picture of a camera from the Web, paste it onto some cardboard, and make it a necklace for baby to wear.
- 50s guy – black fake leather jacket (buy used at baby resale store or ebay), white onesie, jeans. Slick back hair for maximum effect. If hair is available.
- Fried Egg – white one piece outfit or separates. Cut yellow circle from felt and sew or safety pin onto belly.
- Ballet dancer – Pink onesie, pink tights, pink Robeez. Done. Tutu and you’re overachieving.
- Farmer – Plaid button down shirt, denim overalls, sun hat. Carry a stuffed animal that belongs on a farm, such as a pig.
- Bumble Bee – Black onesie, black sweats, yellow electrical tape. Pipe cleaner headband for antennae. (Contributed by veteran mom Jen R.)
- Baby Einstein – Write E=MC2 on a onesie and be done with it. Concept and photo courtesy of ParentHacks.com. The crazy hair helps!
What else could you do for a last-minute DIY baby Halloween costume idea?