We love Halloween for babies! From elaborate sewing projects to last-minute baby costumes and frugal-minded ideas for parents who want to highlight their baby’s mind-blowing Halloween cuteness, we’ve put all our best dress-up ideas on this page including the best mom and baby Halloween costumes.
Baby’s First Halloween |Our Favorite Halloween Costumes Under $20 |Costumes for the Family | Last-minute | Epic and easy DIY
Mommy & Me Babywearing Costumes
Nothing cuter or cozier than a babywearing costume! Click here for all of our favorites!
Our Favorite Costumes Under $20
Target, per usual, is killing the Halloween game this year. They have tons of adorable costumes and many of them are under $20! Check out all of our favorites here.
Baby’s First Halloween
Looking for the simplest tiny newborn costumes? Is it your baby’s first Halloween? For those who will probably be asleep but are still going to be on display, consider something uber-easy. And comfy! See 10 ideas for baby’s first Halloween here!
Pajama Costumes for Toddlers
Best costume that will actually be worn again: pajamas! Our hands-down favorite are skeleton-themed jammies. This is the Rookie Mom go-to costume: Julian has donned the bones twice, Holden once, Milo once, and Sawyer is pictured below! And then they can be worn all year.
Parent & Baby Costumes
Baby as a prop to your own costume is convenient if you’ll be wearing or carrying your baby most of the time. We’ve thought of quite a few “themes” that will unify your look with your baby in a sling or carrier.
Mom And Baby Halloween Costumes
Best last-minute costumes for infants. Make the baby clothes you’ve got on-hand into a new persona. We’ve got nine ideas for late-breaking baby costumes.
Adorable Costumes for Pregnant Women
- Embrace the belly and be Buddha, Santa Claus, or a guy with a beer belly (baseball cap, man-style sleeveless undershirt, beer in hand)
- Anything round: How to paint your big pregnant belly like a beach ball or basketball
- Staying home? Paint your belly as a pumpkin!
- Pop culture and other hilarious Halloween costume ideas for pregnant women from Pregnant Chicken.
Store-bought Costumes We Like
Other than Target, the best place for store-bought toddler costumes that will be soft, comfy, reasonably priced, and not based on a television character: Carters!
Best selection if you or your child wants to be a pop culture character, check out Amazon.com — they even have all the new Star Wars characters! You could also do a Game of Thrones theme (just add a little baby dragon and done!)!
DIY Shortcuts for Costumes
- Start with a monochromatic outfit (like a matching onesie and leggings) and add accessories.
- Iconic OshKosh B’gosh Denim Overalls paired with a collared shirt and red bandana for a little farmer.
- Use sticky-backed felt or iron-on printer paper to add details and designs, such as a control panel for R2D2 or a tiny necktie for an old man.
- Make a clown collar and wear it with pjs.
Most impressive DIY costume endeavors by other parents
Still reading? If you’ve got a cute idea to share for Halloween, please send it to moms @ rookiemoms . com and we’ll add it to this guide!