Whitney is one of my best friends in the world. The fact that we get to work together, too, is the whipped cream on top. We talk almost daily about parenting in Berkeley, bloggy stuff, home reconstruction, the best places, and stuff that is total bullshit.
Luckily she loves to share her insights and fun projects with all of us so you’re only missing out on attending our mammogram-and-donuts party this morning (because some things are personal).
Here are some of her posts that I was happy to reread:
Parenting nuggets of wisdom
- I love when she breaks it down and gives me permission to be whoever and however I really am. After all, a green bean is just a green bean and not a badge of honor: 10 Things that I know becauseÂ I have a 10 year-old.
- In that same vein, here are the mistakes all moms make; you might as well start laughing at in the moment because they will be funny later, we swear
- Baby gearÂ to borrow notÂ buy
- 10 new parent things that weren’t things 10 years ago
- Did you already know why IKEA was secretly awesome for parents? Probably not until Whitney told you!
- 7 flexible jobs for stay at home moms
Crafty or otherwise cleverÂ tricks
- The rebirth of a mangled tie-dye bundt cake into a rainbow cake cup masterpiece
- Cutest costume? Whitney made this iPhoneÂ for her nephew.
- Passing offÂ frozen fruit as a dessert orÂ treat, brilliant.
- Picking party favors that don’t annoy other parents
- EasyÂ smartphone screen trick for people who might lose their phones, which is all of us
- How and whenÂ to use yourÂ black and white photo filters on kids
I don’t have a category for these
- Sharing the loveÂ with Tinkerlab and her insanely creative book for finding the spark of an idea anywhere.Â
- Gender-neutral toysÂ for boys and girls
- Ha ha holiday cards I can’t read
Thanks for a memorable year of advice, projects, and general silliness. I raise my glass to Whitney!