When I have a long stretch of unstructured time, I just about lose my mind. I like to have goals and a to-do list, even if its someone else’s list. Running out of ideas for what to do with your baby during maternity leave? Here is my list of 25 activities & things to do on maternity leave.
Try to choose one outing or activity to build your day around. Afterward, you can spend the rest of the day staring at your baby or hiding from your baby and I won’t judge you one bit!
25 unplugged activities for rookie moms
Be romantic on Maternity Leave
6. Go out for just dessert.
7. Celebrate your old selves and be in love.
8. Reconnect over dinner. Have a romantic meal just the two of you.
9. Lube up. It’s the only way to get past 2nd base anymore.
10. Pretend you and your partner are teenagers babysitting instead of housebound parents.
Be selfish during your Leave
11. Track your own mama milestones. Be proud.
12. List 50 things you like to do. Do those things once you finish my list.
13. Learn to rely on daddy. Then schedule a spa day.
14. Interrupt someone’s work day. (as if you’re the first one to do this!)
15. Learn how to take a shower while home alone with your baby. Trust me, this skill will serve you well.
Girly Things to do while on Leave
16. Tweeze, dye, and feel pretty.
17. Think with your melons. What’s more girly than that?
18. Start a Ladies Night or Moms’ Night Out. Every month if possible.
19. Find a sexy top or sleepwear to show off your huge boobs. Wear it a lot.
20. Get a pedicure.
Creative Things to Do
Some of my favorite things to do on maternity leave was being creative. It was so great to get my mind active and out of the mundane activities of the day.
21. Create an easy time capsule.
22. Bust out your sewing machine to make easy baby pants.
23. Design awesome baby outfits with your printer.
24. Make an easy swaddling blanket.
25. Convert a T-shirt into a newborn gown.
Want more ideas? Buy our book, The Rookie Mom’s Handbook for 250 activities to try with (and without!) your baby. It’s diaper-bag compatible!