After assembling the materials, this project only takes about ten minutes. Grab your (cleanest) most sentimental item of clothing, a canvas frame, and a stapler (or better a staple gun). See full tutorial from Gap-Threadless on pinterest.
I love this owl onesie to use as the foundation for an art project. If my long-torsoed ten month old would fit in the 12-18 month size, I would buy TWO (one for wearing and one for crafting). Or I would cheap out and purchase one for a quickie photo before creating my canvas. It’s $16 right now on gap.com.
- Create a larger kids shirt from a favorite baby tee.
- Make a stuffed toy ball.
- Create a very personal laptop sleeve (another TIY project from Gap and Threadless)
Tee-shirt refashioning not your thing? Choose another Makin’ It project from our series of totally doable DIY ideas for parents.
This post was not sponsored.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- When we gave each other nothing more than ideas for Christmas - December 16, 2014
- Activity #45: Do what YOU want to do - December 15, 2014
- How to get your breast pump covered by health insurance - December 5, 2014