Remember how when you sorta grew out of Halloween, there were still times when you were able to throw together a costume with items you had on hand, because at the last minute someone would convince you to dress up? This can work for a baby or toddler costume, too.
The one above was inspired by a visit to the Zynga office when they launched a Facebook game called ChefVille!
Here are a few more ideas:
- Waldo – Red and white striped shirt or onesie. Beanie. Glasses optional.
- Tourist – Hawaiian shirt, shorts, socks with sandals. Print a picture of a camera from the Web, paste it onto some cardboard, and make it a necklace for baby to wear.
- 50s guy – black fake leather jacket (buy used at baby resale store or ebay), white onesie, jeans. Slick back hair for maximum effect. If hair is available.
- Fried Egg – white one piece outfit or separates. Cut yellow circle from felt and sew or safety pin onto belly.
- Ballet dancer – Pink onesie, pink tights, pink Robeez. Done.
- Farmer – Plaid button down shirt, denim overalls, sunhat. Carry a stuffed animal that belongs on a farm, such as a pig.
- Bumble Bee – Black onesie, black sweats, yellow electrical tape. Pipe cleaner headband for anntenae. (Contributed by veteran mom Jen R.)
- Aerobics instructor – onesie over leggings with baby legs if you’ve got ‘em. Make a quick sweatband by cutting the edge off an outgrown newborn cap.
- Baby Einstein – Write E=MC2 on a onesie and be done with it. Concept and photo courtesy of ParentHacks.com.
What else could you do for a last-minute DIY baby Halloween costume idea?
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Holiday cards I can barely read - December 18, 2014
- An embarassingly unmagical, un-pinnable day - December 12, 2014
- Building your wishlist: Valuable parenting books, recommended by readers - December 9, 2014