I love this rookie year activityÂ for getting together in a social but EASY way: Start a weekly Breakfast Club with other new moms. Gather yourÂ girlfriends and take turns at each other’s houses serving breakfast and drinks and allowing the babies to play (or just roll near each other as the case may be).
I tried this when Sawyer was born and enjoyed meeting women IÂ might not otherwise have met. The very first time, I tried to get fancy with some recipes, but nobody really touched the food. All the nice gals brought something and I was left with more food at the end of the brunch. For future meetings together, I put out the word, “Bring something if you can. Or don’t, you just had a baby!” and that worked pretty well.
The babies get to grab and slurp on all new toys, and the mamas can relax and talk with a beverageÂ in one hand. I know of at least one Breakfast Club that’s been goingÂ strong for over a year.
So, your fourteenth rookie mom challenge is to host a breakfast club at your house. Invite some mamas and babies over and eat. Or just serve coffee.
It’s cheap, it’s social, and it’s breakfast — what’s not to love?!!
Did you complete this challenge? Love it or hate it, tell us how it went:
- Comment below and spill the details.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Name your destination on Instagram or Twitter and use hashtag #rookiemoms.
- Or, link in the comments to your own blog post about this challenge.
Not ready for this yet? Meet your friends at a cafe instead.
- Best Gifts for a One Year Old – Top picks for 2023 - October 10, 2023
- 6 Fool-Proof Strategies for When Your Toddler Won’t Stay in Bed - August 13, 2023
- Kids Backpacks; My Very Strong Opinions on Them - July 15, 2023