I forced myself to make a list of five activities, pursuits, or interests that are important for me to remember in the year following childbirth. I try to look at it now and then to remind myself of the personal interests I want to maintain along with motherhood.
- Get crafty ”“ do fun art projects
- Swim ”“ the whole triathlon may have to wait
- Read ”“ something other than baby books
- See friends ”“ brunch and idle chatter are delicious together
- Play games ”“ I always used to beat my husband at Scrabble before pregnancy, now it’s sort of even