A huge thanks to Kimberley Blaine from The Go-to Mom for sharing her experience on connecting with girlfriends and bringing mama mojo back.
I have been inspired to jot down steps to help mommies boost their confidence, find that perfect balance and get back the energy that fuels motivation. It’s easy to get caught up in the family trap, where we focus all our time and energy on children, work and chores. I do hope you watch the posted videos, they too will motivate you to find you inner peace.
How often do you feel sexy? I mean ‘full of energy’ sexy — where you feel confident and satisfied? My tips on the inner mojo and playfulness are in this video with intimacy expert, Allana Pratt, How a Mom Can Be and Stay Sexy.
How do you take care of your delicate mommy soul? The very heart of who you are? If we neglect our most precious asset, then we will eventually burn out. And who wants to be around a cranky and whiny mommy? I need all the help I can get and depend on resources that make me a better mommy, wife and friend.
Here are some steps to reclaim balance, motivation and your inner diva. If I can follow the steps, I know you can.
- Avoid comparing yourself to other mommies
- Bond with your child by choosing a parenting style that makes you feel comfortable.
- Make life happen now. Stop postponing your dreams.
- Avoid obsessing over post-baby body image: Fake it. Act as though you have all the confidence of a super model.
- Leave the guilt behind and become proactive
- Break the cycle of mommy competition
- Create your life wish list
- Meditate, practice yoga, or quiet yourself daily
As moms, we should pursue our dreams now. It is never too late to be our children’s best role model by showing them how we take care of ourselves and actively seek optimal well-being.
[Photo and videos provided by Kimberley Blaine who also has a gajillion inspiring videos and a book on this very topic: Mommy Confidence: 8 Easy Steps to Reclaiming Balance, Motivation, and Your Inner Diva]