Our pediatrician recommended this baby soothing position that she used on her own kids. We thank her for demonstrating the move on Holden, and we did our best imitations of it at home, but it took some practice.
I’m glad we kept trying because it miraculously helped with tummy troubles and provided that soothing suck all at once, even before we introduced our future best friend, the pacifier.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Drape baby over adult thigh so he’s well-supported
- With hand nearest baby’s head, allow baby to suck on a scrupulously clean finger
- Pat baby on the bottom or back with free hand
- If you’re flexible enough, lean over and shush or something
The overtired daddy was mercilessly cropped out of the photo.
- Best Gifts for a One Year Old – Top picks for 2023 - October 10, 2023
- 6 Fool-Proof Strategies for When Your Toddler Won’t Stay in Bed - August 13, 2023
- Kids Backpacks; My Very Strong Opinions on Them - July 15, 2023