Check out this Pottery Barn Glider Review of one of our absolute favorite chairs!
Setting up a new nursery is a fun and exciting time but can be so overwhelming with all the decisions and options out there. One of the most important items to invest in for a new baby is a high-quality, comfortable nursery glider. The Paxton Swivel Glider & Recliner checks all the boxes for us. It’s modern, durable, safe, and provides the ultimate comfort giving you and your baby the best seat in the house to feed and bond. With the touch of a button, it gently and silently reclines. The swivel and glide feature also supports you in gently soothing your baby to sleep with noiseless movement.
It’s important for parents to get as much rest as possible when they have a newborn at home, and this chair allows you to relax and squeeze in a little time for yourself. It even has a USB outlet to charge up your devices while you rest.
Pottery Barn is known for high-quality craftsmanship and the Paxton Swivel Glider & Recliner is built to last. Plus, it is GREENGUARD Gold Certified which means this glider meets or exceeds stringent chemical emissions standards making it a safe choice for your baby. It’s worth investing in the performance fabric option that is known for being super stain-resistant and durable enough to withstand years of use.
THE PAXTON SWIVEL GLIDER & RECLINER; A POTTERY BARN GLIDER REVIEW
WHY WE LOVE IT
- It’s durable, comfortable, and stylish.
- It’s a cozy, modern spot to soothe little ones.
- Swivels, glides and reclines smoothly.
- Wrapped cushions for around-the-clock support.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
It’s far from your average-looking recliner. The square arms give it a clean stylish look to level up even the most modern style nursery. It swivels 240° and has 3 recline positions: sitting, reading, and fully reclining for when you need to snooze in the baby’s room.
A VARIETY OF OPTIONS
There are a variety of fabric and colors options to customize to make it personal for your space. There are a couple options that are typically in-stock and ready to ship if you need it delivered quickly:
- Brushed Crossweave: Finely textured weave that’s brushed for an extremely soft touch. Woven yarn in varying tones creates subtle highs and lows. (Ships 3-5 weeks)
- Basketweave Slub: Richly textured, this durable, tight basketweave has a heathered appearance and is suitable for high-traffic use
These options are typically 10+ weeks before delivery, so order asap to have in time for the baby:
- Brushed Boucle: Boucle-like fabric that is brushed for softness and a light texture.Boucle-like fabric that is brushed for softness and a light texture.
- Brushed Chenille: With a subtle brushed texture and hint of shine, this versatile fabric is suitable for high traffic use.
- Brushed Crossweave: Finely textured weave that’s brushed for an extremely soft touch. Woven yarn in varying tones creates subtle highs and lows.
- Chenille Plain Weave: An ultra soft cotton blend woven from recycled yarns.
- Chenille Tweed: With its subtle texture, muted color variation and hint of shine, this versatile fabric is suitable for high-traffic use
- Classic Plain Weave: An ultra soft cotton blend woven from recycled yarns.
- Classic Twill: A classic, woven solid with beautifully soft texture.
- Distressed Velvet: A brushed velvet with notable texture and subtle shine
- Linen Blend: A classic, woven solid that feels luxurious and soft.
- Performance Boucle: Richly textured, nubby fabric made from curled fibers that’s cozy, durable and easy to clean.
- Performance Everyday Velvet: A long-wearing, high-performance velvet with a soft, plush pile for a luxurious feeling fabric that’s easy to clean.
- Performance Heathered Basketweave: A soft, textured fabric that weaves together thick and thin tonal yarns and provides the durability of performance materials.
Depending on what fabric you want determines the price (ranging between $999 – $1,499) and how long it takes to deliver the chair to you. This recliner comes in both manual and power recline options but with the power option you will be paying a bit more. The fabric options are all durable and can be spot cleaned using regular upholstery cleaner or soap and water.
Pottery Barn has e a firm commitment to safety and quality. You can trust that you are investing in a quality chair crafted from solid, sturdy pinewood for durability.
If you purchase the power option, there is a three-year warranty on the electrical faceplates, power lines, and motors.
IS IT WORTH THE PRICE?
The short answer, YES. Especially if you are planning on having more than one child, the Paxton Swivel Glider & Recliner is built to last! The amount of time you will spend in the chair makes it worth every penny in our opinion, and if having a chair that fits your style is important to you, this chair is a must. We hope this information helped you narrow down your options and choose the best chair for you!
This chair tops our list of best nursery gliders for a reason. It is ultra-comfortable and is durable enough to last for years (meaning you can use it for multiple babies!).
Pin this Review of the Paxton Swivel Glider & Recliner for Later!
About the Author
You May Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are gliders or rockers better?
Rockers have a stronger back and forth movement, where Gliders are smoother and on a fixed track. Gliders are the best option for a nursery where you will be spending an extended period of time feeding and soothing your baby.
What is the most comfortable glider rocker?
These are the most comfortable glider rockers:
PAXTON SWIVEL GLIDER & RECLINER
POTTERY BARN WINGBACK SWIVEL GLIDER AND RECLINER
DELTA CHILDREN ELLA ROCKER
BABYLETTO TUBA SWIVEL GLIDER CHAIR AND A HALF
WEST ELM GRAHAM GLIDER