A nursery daybed can serve many important functions that you might not have thought of. From a convenient place to rest close to your baby to a comfortable bed for guests or babysitters to spend the night on, it will no doubt be put to good use!
Below are the top reasons for having a daybed in your nursery and our 5 favorite options!
5 Reasons You Will Want a Nursery Daybed
1. As a new mom, you will want to minimize moving around while recovering from giving birth and a daybed gives you a convenient place to rest, feed, and snuggle with your new baby in the most comfortable position.
2. If you plan to have your baby in a bassinet in your room for the first 6 months, having a daybed ready in the nursery when it’s time to transition will give you a place to rest while still feeling like you are close by.
3. It gives the on-duty parent a place to sleep when the baby sleeps and minimizes interruptions for the other parent who is trying to catch up on rest in another room.
4. If you do not have an extra room, a nursery daybed can provide a comfortable place for guests to stay. This will give you more of a reason to invite grandparents over to help for the night or have a babysitter stay so you can have a date night (or catch up on some z’s yourself)!
5. Your toddler can transition into the daybed as their big-kid bed when they outgrow their crib making this a worthwhile investment.
Top Picks for Nursery Daybeds
This West Elm Urban Trundle daybed is comfortable and perfectly modern. Plus, it has a bonus trundle, providing an extra twin mattress that slides from the base on wheels. If you plan to have a daybed in the nursery that also functions as a place for guests to stay, this is a great option due to the extra space. It’s sleek and simple, and comes in nine different fabric options you can customize to fit your nursery.
Price: $1,199 – $1,499 (depending on fabric choice)
One of the most stylish options on our list is the Pottery Barn Avalon Channel Stitched Daybed which comes in a luxurious velvet fabric. You can choose between a twin or a full size, which gives this option more versatility than most other daybeds.
Price: $1,699-$1,899 (depending on size and fabric choice)
For smaller or more awkward-shaped rooms, a daybed can be a good option to maximize the floor space with the bed positioned against the wall. The simple design of the Carter Square Daybed will make it easy to find a spot where it fits just right.
This is another option with a trundle, which provides an extra mattress for future sibling or cousin sleepovers.
Price: $1,799-$1,999 (depending on fabric choice)
This sleeper chair is perfect for small spaces and for grandparents that come to spend the night. It’s comfortable and modern and easily folds out into a twin bed. It comes in over 30 different fabric and color combinations to fit your style.
Price: $1,299 – $1,599 (depending on fabric choice)
Spindles are making a comeback and this timeless design will never go out of style. It comes in 3 different colors to compliment any nursery; Olive, White, and Blush Pink. It’s one of the more affordable high-quality options out there and would pair perfectly with the spindle design on the Pottery Barn Dawson Crib.
About the Author
Need More Baby Nursery Inspiration? Save yourself some research time and check out the posts below!
Pin for Later- 5 Reasons You NEED a Nursery Daybed for Extra Z’s