If you’ve been following along with us for a while, you know that we are all about baby gear that has the most value and is worth your investment. Well, we’re not wasting your time here! The Nuna Leaf Grow is not your average baby chair.
Everything You Need to Know About the Nuna Leaf Grow
- The Nuna Leaf Grow gently sways side-to-side for over two minutes when pushed—no batteries, no cords, no buzz or noise to disturb your baby
- With 3 recline positions, it can fully recline for an infant or be placed in a more upright position for an active toddler
- The removable seat pad and 3-point harness makes it easy to transition the seat for toddler use
- With a 130-pound weight capacity, it can be used for infants and big kids alike
- It is made of machine washable fabrics (check out more about how easy it is to clean!)
- The mesh seat backing provides breathability
- The Nuna Leaf Grow is made of GOTS-certified organic inserts, cotton, and dye
- The chair can lock into stationary position
- You can it out of the base for easy storage and quick trips
- A toy bar with plush toys is included
- Overall: 27.5″ wide x 31″ long x 17.5″ high
- Interior: 14.5″ wide x 24″ long
- Weight: 15.5 pounds
- Weight Limit: 130 lbs
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The design behind the Nuna Leaf Grow was inspired by a “carefree float of a leaf on a breeze,” hence the name. It has a soothing side-to-side motion that feels like a parent rocking baby.
As for one of the biggest selling-points of the Leaf; it doesn’t need batteries! A gentle push will rock your baby for around two minutes.
If you have a fussy baby that doesn’t like to be put down, this chair is definitely worth a try. The shape of the seat hugs like a snuggly warm hug from mom, and the swaying motion soothes the baby.
Having a safe space to set the baby down for a bit is so important as it allows you to have a bit of freedom and takes a weight off your shoulders (literally and figuratively). Just make sure the baby is supervised in the baby seat at all times.
HOW DOES IT TRANSITION?
- Stage 1: This stage is meant to be used from birth until the child can sit upright or can climb out unassisted. You will use the insert and the harness to keep your baby safe and secure. I love how easy it is to strap your baby in using the Velcro fasteners. They are quite heavy duty, too, which will give you peace of mind that your baby is safe and secure in the seat.
- Stage 2: Once your child can sit upright and climb out of the seat, the chair can be moved to the stage two position. Remove the seat pad and harness, adjust the recline position and let your child relax in a seat of their very own.
Take a look at how the seats transitions into different stages below!
IS IT EASY TO CLEAN?
Yes! The Nuna Leaf Grow is made from Oeko-Tex certified fabric, it’s easy to wash and also wipes down easy peazy. The breathable fabric and organic cotton insert will also keep your baby cool and is super soft on your baby’s skin.
It’s available in multiple earth toned neutral fabrics and patterns that help hide any messes.
WHAT WE WOULD CHANGE?
A downside of the chair is that it needs repeated attention to keep it moving. Some babies really like the feeling of constant motion others don’t need it as much, so this will really differ baby to baby. For example, if you need to fold a load of laundry, you can’t just set your baby down in the Nuna Leaf Grow and count on it to do all the work of rocking them until you are finished.
If your baby really likes constant movement, I would recommend checking out a baby swing instead. My favorite is the Graco Soothe My Way Swing with Removable Rocker. It has 8 different motions and 6 different speeds, making it easy to find exactly what soothes your baby. You can read more about it along with our other favorite swings here.
The reason I really love this baby chair is that the seat can hold up to 130 lbs, so it will truly last you for years. I admit I was hesitant about the Nuna Leaf Grow at first because of the high price tag, but knowing it will grow with the baby from newborn to toddler to big kid stages makes it worth it.
You definitely get what you pay for, the quality and design are top notch and so aesthetically pleasing.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Nuna Leaf Grow
Is the Nuna Leaf Baby Bouncer the same thing as the Nuna Leaf Grow?
No, the Nuna Leaf Baby Bouncer does not have the 3 position recline like the Nuna Leaf Grow. It also does not convert into a seat for toddlers as the liner and 3-point harness are not removable.
How long does the Nuna LEAF Grow swing for?
The Nuna Leaf Grow will swing for about 2 minutes on its own after you give it a gentle push.
How long can baby use Nuna LEAF?
Your child can use the Nuna Leaf until they weigh 60 kgs (130 lbs).
Is it worth to buy Nuna LEAF?
I was hesitant about the Nuna Leaf Grow at first because of the high price tag, but knowing it will grow with the baby from newborn to toddler to big kid stages makes it worth it.
About the Author
Pin for Later- Nuna Leaf Grow Review
You May Also Like: