Thanks to Exeltis for sponsoring today’s post about all the lingo to know whenÂ becoming a rookie mom.
Whitney’s former boss used to say that becoming a parent is like “joining the most special non-special club there is” — and we totally agree! In fact, even trying to become a parent gains you access to a new world ofÂ vocabulary and body awareness that members of this parentingÂ club use on a regular basis.
A clever website, MommyLingo.com tests your knowledge of all the terms, tests, and TTCs from mama message boards with a fun quiz. Do you know your RxPNVs from your ROFL? Let’s find out!
My first time through I was undefeatedÂ — apparently, I’m a Mommy Jedi! Now that I’ve spent more time on MommyLingo.com, I can see that the quiz keeps changing and I don’t always come out as a Jedi Master. I definitely did NOT know the difference a BIL from a BIP, so good luck, y’all!
Test your own #MommyLingo skills at MommyLingo.comÂ or face off againstÂ your partner or BFF.
++Â Spoiler alert: Mommy Lingo Acronyms defined
Hop on over to take the MommyLingo quiz, but if you want to know the definitions of the acronyms I used today, here you go:
- TTC is #MommyLingo for Trying To Conceive (get pregnant!)
- RxPNV is #MommyLingo for prescription prenatal vitamins, an easy to get, easy to take, super beneficial alternative to over-the-counter prenatal vitamins.
- ROFL is Internet language for Rolling on the Floor Laughing. Did I trick you into thinking it was about babies?
- Is it BIL or BIP? Don’t make my mistake. Brother-in-law is nothing likeÂ Basic Infertility Pattern.
++Â Follow along on the socials
- Follow @mommy_lingo on Twitter
- Follow @mommy_lingo on Instagram
- Share yourÂ experience of trying to interpret #MommyLingo on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #MommyLingo
++Twitter party comingÂ Thursday August 18
To chat about all things to do with mom acronyms, mommy lingo, and RX prenatal vitamins, join us for the #MommyLingo Twitter Party on Thursday, August 18 at 9am PST (that’s Noon EST). And probably win cool prizes because there are usually good ones!
- Three (3) winners will each receive (1) $150 Shutterfly.com Gift Card
- Two (2) winners will each receive (1) $150 Target Gift Card
- One (1) winner will receive (1) $250 Amazon Gift Card
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Exeltis, creator of MommyLingo.