Looking for a car seat that will grow with your child AND make your life a little easier? You are going to want a car seat that rotates!
If you’re like me, you probably have researched and researched in order to make a one-and-done car seat purchase. Research continues to support that rear-facing car seats are the safest option for babies and children until they reach a certain height and weight, but they can be a pain to get your little one in and out of. With a rotating car seat, you get the best of both worlds; maximum safety and ease of use.
|Best Luxury Rotating Car Seat||Nuna REVV Rotating Convertible Car Seat|
|Budget-Friendly Rotating Car Seat||Evenflo Gold Revolve 360 Rotating Convertible Car Seat|
|Rotating Car Seat with Top Notch Safety Features||Cybex Sirona S Rotating Convertible Car Seat|
What is a Car Seat That Rotates?
Ready to be amazed? Rotating car seats are one of the coolest new additions to the baby gear world. They swivel from rear-facing to forward-facing, often with the simple touch of a button. They fit into the convertible car seat category, but what really makes them special is that you can swivel them to be door-facing making it easy to get your baby in and out.
It is highly recommended to keep babies in rear-facing infant car seats for as long as possible. In fact, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends keeping your child rear-facing until they reach the top height or weight limit allowed. In some cases, this can be up until they are 3 years old.
As we all know, picking up an active 1-3-year-old and placing them in a rear-facing car seat is a herculean task. With a rotating car seat, you can flip the seat forward-facing or door-facing, buckle your child in, then swivel it to rear-facing with ease.
This is something I only dreamed of when my oldest was a baby! A rotating car seat eliminates the need to awkwardly lean over the car seat trying to get your wiggly little one buckled in. This is especially nice for shorter mamas (I would know!) or families with tall SUVs to reach into. It is also a great option if your child spends time with someone who has a physical limitation like a grandparent.
There is one more feature of rotating car seats that you need to know about. You will only have to install them once! I dread car seat installation so this is a huge perk in my book. Traditional convertible car seats have to be re-installed to be turned forward-facing, but with a rotating car seat, you simply swivel it forward.
The Top 3 Car Seats That Rotate and Everything You Need to Know About Them
Let’s kick things off with the Nuna REVV! Nuna is one of my absolute favorite baby gear brands, so it is no surprise to me that they did an amazing job on this rotating car seat. The most important feature of the Nuna REVV is that it can rotate a whole 360 degrees. You can easily swivel it with one-hand making getting in and out of the car easier than you ever imagined with a baby.
It is smooth, sleek, and stylish while prioritizing important safety features like the Aeroflex side impact protection system and energy absorbing foam. Another reason to love the Nuna REVV is that it was created with your baby’s comfort in mind, just like all Nuna products it is made from soft high-quality materials.
Plus, it is easy to install. Well, at least easy when compared to other car seats, but I think all installations are a pain. At least you will only ever have to do it once with this one since it swivels from rear-facing to forward-facing. Keep in mind, this car seat is on the heavier side so it isn’t a great option if you will be moving it around to various vehicles.
- Modern looking that comes in four neutral color options
- 10 total positions, choose from five recline positions for rear and forward-facing
- Superb safety features like the Aeroflex side impact protection system, EPP energy absorbing foam, all-steel frame and anti-rebound bar
- Narrower than most other car seats that rotate making it a great fit for smaller backseats
- Featherweight micro knit fabrics to keep your child cool
- No-rethread five-point harness with magnetic buckle holders
- Two cup holders included
Weight Limits: The REVV can be used rear-facing from birth to 40 lbs and 43 inches in height. When in the forward-facing mode it can be used from 25 to 40 lbs with a max height is 43 inches.
You might think a rotating car seat is pretty revolutionary but the Cybex Sirona S has another feature that might be even more impressive. Because of the SensorSafe built into the chest clip, this car seat will alert you via an app in unsafe situations like if your child unbuckles themselves or gets accidentally left behind in the car. It will provide you with unparalleled peace of mind while driving.
The Cybex Sirona S, of course, also features an innovative 360° rotatable seat. It has a load leg, making switching between rear-facing and forward-facing positions quick and easy. This structural element is integrated into the base of the car seat and extends to the vehicle floor and helps to distribute the crash forces away from your child.
One common complaint about this car seat is that it can be hard to install and the installation instructions provided aren’t the easiest to follow. I highly recommend watching the video below for clearer instructions.
- Comes in four neutral colors
- 12-position headrest with a no-rethread harness
- Features a steel-reinforced frame and anti-rebound design that reduces car seat rebound movement
- Linear side-impact protection system absorbs up to 25% more impact in a collision when compared to the same car seat without L.S.P. extended.
- EasyLock Bar works with your vehicle belt for easy installation, while the dual-level indicators ensure the car seat is at the proper angle
- SensorSafe technology in the chest clip syncs automatically with your mobile app and provides alerts of unsafe situations, including; if a child unbuckles themselves, if the back seat is too warm or cold, if a child has been seated for too long, or if the driver accidentally leaves the child behind
Weight Limits: The CYBEX Sirona can be used rear-facing from birth to 65 lbs and 49 inches in height. When in the forward-facing mode it can be used from 30 to 65 lbs with a max height is 49 inches.
You definitely get the most bang for your buck with the Evenflo Gold Revolve360 since it is budget-friendly and has the capability to grow with your child. In fact, it is the only convertible car seat that rotates and turns into a booster seat on the market!
- Comes in four colors
- No-rethread harness
- Important safety features include a reinforced steel frame, the Sure360 Safety Installation System with LockStrong and Tether360 for a gold standard in safety
- The car seat has been side impact, temperature and rollover tested
- Two cup holders included
Weight Limits: This car seat offers 10 years of use and 3 modes. The rear-facing mode can be used from 4-40 lbs and up to 40 inches. The forward-facing mode can be used from 22-65 lbs and up to 49 inches. As a booster, it can be used from 40-120 lbs and up to 57 inches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are swivel car seats as safe?
Swivel car seats are safe. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration sets federal safety standards for all car seats sold in the US.
Is it worth getting a rotating car seat?
Yes, a rotating car seat is a great choice! Being able to get your baby or toddler out of the car seat without having to awkwardly climb in the car and bend over is well worth it.
What is the best 360 car seat?
The Nuna REVV Rotating Convertible Car Seat is the best 360 car seat on the market made of high-quality materials with superb safety features. The Evenflo Gold Revolve 360 Rotating Convertible Car Seat is also a great option and is more budget-friendly.
You Might Also Like:
Pin for Later- There is Such a Thing as a Car Seat that Rotates [Here’s Why You Need One!]
- Our 5 Favorite Kid-Sized Christmas Tree Styles - November 16, 2023
- 3 Best Tricycle Strollers [An Epic Upgrade to Family Walks!] - November 6, 2023
- The NEW WAYB Car Seat – Is it the Key to Easy Travel with Toddlers? - October 22, 2023