Roxanna Sarmiento is the mom of three beautiful boys and the founder of the The Frog & Snail Society, a lifestyle blog for everyone who has a boy in their life. She has been blogging since 2005 at places such asÂ Babble and Cool Mom Picks. In addition to writing about her adventures throwing an Indiana Jones birthday party, she has an MBA and is the brand marketing director at Sway Group. We’re so excited that Roxanna agreed to be our first feature in the Rookie Moms Boys Club! Woohoo.
What are the names of your children and where do you live?
Sebastian (7), Benjamin (5), Matthias (almost 3!). We live right outside of Boston.
What has most surprised you about being a boy mom?
What surprised me the most is how much of myself I see in my boys.
What is the most fun thing about being a boy mom right now?
They keep me on my feet; I find that in order for all of us to be happy, the boys need to be tired. So we’re outside A LOT.
What do you do to stay girlie in a house of boys?
I treasure my girlfriends! I love my boys, but I would never give up my girl friends. They keep me sane. [Ed. note: Roxanna says her other blog, Everyday Treats, is a girl]
Do you have a tip to share?
I’m learning as I go along, but I always remind myself that this too shall pass — both the good and the bad.
Is there another mom of many boys you look to for advice or inspiration?
Alli Worthington — she has five (!) and she told me once that she would never be able to do it if she didn’t put them to work. So now I do.
Thanks so much to Roxanna for going first in our little club for boy mamas. I appreciate it! Here are three of my favorite boy things right now:
- Every good idea and feature you’ve ever wanted to know about LEGO from F&S society (storage, downloads, party ideas, MORE!)
- Cool shoes from Whitney’s son’s closet.
- How my son became a football fanatic.
- Best Gifts for a One Year Old – Top picks for 2023 - October 10, 2023
- 6 Fool-Proof Strategies for When Your Toddler Won’t Stay in Bed - August 13, 2023
- Kids Backpacks; My Very Strong Opinions on Them - July 15, 2023