Inspiration strikes when you least expect it. First I must confess that Whitney turned me on to the new show, Modern Family and I like it. Unlike other great shows, it is safe to watch in mixed-age groups. And effing funny.
Anyway, when the Beta Dad character, Phil, rattled off a list of things he wanted for his anniversary (rather than an envelope of hug coupons and a private concert with Spandeau Ballet), I wanted to memorize it and share it.
What a Dad wants, by Phil on Modern Family
- Robot Dog – does tricks with a remote. Cleaner than a real pet.
- Night Vision Goggles – who needs a flashlight?
- Bug Vacuum – Humane and so tough.
- GPS Watch – he’ll never need directions again.
- Speakers that look like rocks – required for all man caves.
- Yogurt Maker – for a hyper-local foodie dad!
Now, watch the clip and become a devotee of the show too: