As we consider upping our potty training, these books are now in rotation during storytime (Yes, storytime. I can’t doo books while on the potty. Ick).
Everyone Poops. Stylized Japanese graphics with biology lessons snuck into poop humor, a kid favorite! The Gas We Pass is in the same vein with cool illustrations butt the more mature biology entertains big brothers.
My Big Boy Potty. Basic potty instructional book.
Yesterday, I was in a public restroom with my two-year old and he asked me whether the flusher was a loud one; he already knows to stand at the far corner of the stall with his ears covered. We’re still in the time period — before hard core “training” — when he can go or not and I don’t really give a crap. There were a few outlier weeks this Summer when he inexplicably insisted on using the airport toilets but those days are behind us.
- How Whitney potty-trained her 21-month old.
- Tales from the potty chair (on our giggle column)
- My favorite potty chair and toilet trainer seat insert (on amazon), 8 years and going strong.
What are your favorite books, hacks, and tools for potty training?
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Tech Tuesday: How I get out the door faster with Shoe Time Music - July 29, 2014
- Activity #25: Host an ugly baby (clothes) contest - July 28, 2014
- Star Wars birthday party ideas on a budget - July 25, 2014