If you work away from home, odds are good that commuting back is a rushed frenzied time. If that’s true, you’re ruining it! This is prime-mama-alone time.
Take our advice and savor these tiny moments:
- If you’re driving a short distance: sing a song that takes you back in time. Really belt it out.
- If you’re driving a long distance: catch up on an audio book.
- If you’re biking: chill out and breathe.
- If you’re riding public transit (like me now!): zone out with a non-parenting book or music on your iPod.
Relish this gift of alone time and you’ll be a happier mama when you get home. For real. Or you could keep hurrying and cursing and feel totally frazzled again.
See also act the way you want to feel.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #46: Host a clothing swap party - December 22, 2014
- 9 Favorite clutter-free gifts - December 19, 2014
- When we gave each other nothing more than ideas for Christmas - December 16, 2014