Inspired by the challenge, I commit to have 52 date nights this year with my husband. Here are our criteria:
- Every Friday night from 6 -10 p.m. is our date night. Or Saturday.
- It will be a mix of babysitter dates and at-home dates.
- We rotate being in charge of date nights regularly (Alec is panicking at this one).
- Can’t do the same thing twice in one month.
- No children allowed.
- Must create a date-like atmosphere. No frumpy clothes or pajamas. Make it a special event. Mind the details. But most of all, keep it simple.
- Double-dates and group-dates are okay but no more than one of four nights per month.
So, what have we been up to so far? Glad you asked.
Fri 1/8: Alec’s holiday party and nobody asked if I was pregnant. Yay!
Sat 1/16: double date to Temescal’s Burma Superstar
Sat 1/23: upscale take-out from Gather and watched an Oscar movie.
Fri 1/29: to SF Sketchfest to enjoy a night of comedy.
Based on my criteria, we are one date behind. Gah!
All date night ideas are welcome. Hope you’ll join me in this challenge.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- No mean names allowed - January 21, 2015
- Activity #50: Launch Camp Grandma - January 19, 2015
- Cool invention: kid cups by Puj that hang on your fridge - January 15, 2015