Turn your pack n play into a ball pit for a toddler that still needs occasional containment but also wants entertainment. (Mama’s gotta carry in the groceries without a little person running into the street, right?!)
- Remove any mobile and bassinet from your pack n play
- Add a few dozen fun balls (like these Intex fun balls, a pack of 100 with carrying case)
- Insert small child!
She tells us:
I’m a rookie mom to a 1 year old little guy who has always HATED with a vehement (and very vocal) passion being contained in any way – especially in his pack-n-play. But, I was determined to find ANY way to make use of something we spent a pretty big chunk of change on. Inspiration struck, as it so often does, in the sale aisle at Target, in the form of 100 plastic balls for $15.
That $15 magically transformed the pack-n-play of DOOM into the SUPERFUN Ball pit of happiness. Which means I can get dressed without worrying about a surprisingly quick toddler going down the stairs “too fast”.
I can totally relate. The day my son grew out of the Jumperoo was a sad sad day for me; I had no idea how to unload two kids from the car anymore. I would have loved to have this terrific reader suggestion from Kalena to create a DIY ball pit to keep him busy. Let us know if you try it!
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- 9 Favorite clutter-free gifts - December 19, 2014
- When we gave each other nothing more than ideas for Christmas - December 16, 2014
- Activity #45: Do what YOU want to do - December 15, 2014