A toddler-sized Minion costume is on the market, of course (here). No one wants to miss that marketing opportunity. But for those of you who want to earn your DIY merit badge, may we suggest assembling the components yourself?
Blue overalls and a yellow t-shirt are the basis for a Minions costume. Add a pair of costume glasses, or make some from pipe cleaners and aluminum foil, and you’re done!
But wait! A yellow fleece beanie makes this costume totally complete, and warm enough for whatever late October brings.
Plus, if your kiddo will not likely keep the glasses on his or her face, consider making the glasses part of the hat.
- Light Blue Overalls: I like these on Amazon / these from Target.com
- Solid Yellow Shirt: Yay for these Joe’s brand long-sleeved shirts that come in every solid color you could need for a costume.
- Black fleece gloves: If your kid will have high standards for accuracy, note that Minions have black hands.
- Minions costume glasses: these look perfect, from Amazon / these are a little cheaper, from CostumeExpress.com
- Yellow hat: plain fleece beanie/ baseball hat-style with one eye or with two eyes (removes need for goggles)
The non-crafty can “add to cart” with this helpful store-bought beanie.
Or just buy the whole dang costume.
Kid version (sizes 4-12)
Toddler version (sizes 2-4)
- The Best 20 Stay at Home Mom Jobs in 2023! - August 9, 2023
- Best Baby Tracking App of 2023 [The Feeding & Diaper Trackers You Need] - August 2, 2023
- 50+ Super Fun Things to do with Toddlers [Easy & Fun Activities] - March 5, 2023