I feel like it’s Friday, but the calendar tells me it’s not. We Rookie Moms have had a big month. And I’m talking about April (let’s just pretend I wrote this post on May 1st.) We had three real-life events with our bloggy friends.
1) Heather and her teammates for The Relay ran 200 miles in two days. Calling themselves “Eat- Blog- Run”, they hit the ground running in sparkly skirts in Calistoga, CA and finished two days later in Santa Cruz.
Here is the roster of lovelies who participated:
- Brenna from Barefoot Brenna
- Christine from Boston Mamas
- Meg from Fox and Bunny and Woodpecker Stew
- Sherry + Samantha from GarzaGirls
- Kelly from Just Spotted
- Kari from Karianna Spectrum
- Emmie from Life Behind the Curve
- Marie from Make and Takes
- Linsey from Me Too You
- Carrie from This Mama Makes Stuff
- Jane, driver extraordinare, from This Week for Dinner
2) I “helped a mother out”. At a party put together by Help A Mother Out and sponsored by Huggies (thank you!) we raised enough money to buy over 17,000 diapers for women who need help with their daily expenses. I met Kelly Tirman, a very sweet rookie mom and blogger who takes better pictures than I do. She’s got a few of her gorgeous daughter at the party.
Best party favor: Amber Wolf of WizBang Photography in SF took this picture of me and my rookie kid.
3) Finally, last night, Heather and I attended *Mommy Boot Camp* in the form of a seminar taught by Kristen Chase, author of Mominatrix. I learned that I should buy new lingerie. (How did I forget this in just one year?)
Before the event, Kristen was completely wonderful to my children and hung out in my backyard for a couple of hours.
In case you missed anything, here’s what we posted this month.
What I made Heather for her birthday
Easy Trader Joe’s recipe – Lentil stew
Reader Did-Do: Monthly Chair Photos
Stop lugging carseats on planes
iPad app for kids: SUPER WHY
Dear Rookie Moms, What are your beauty secrets?
Activity #207: Play in another kind of nursery
Good stuff I found for you: April Edition
Put your Stander-Upper down for a nap
Look what I made: A necktie tshirt for Julian
Cookbook review: So far, I’m loving the new Scramble!
Activity #11: Photograph every day moments
Giveaway (now over): BPA-free, microwave-safe food storage containers from Kinderville
Stock your stroller like a seasoned pro – not a rookie
BABIES movie (and you can STILL win a camera!)
Activity #188: Cook and Freeze
New Sponsor: Little Uni