Mom life is the most rewarding, guilt-filled ride. The juxtaposition of emotions at any given moment can fill the gamut. Mornings usually feel something like, “Feed me, cuddle me, don’t brush your hair, I need you, I can’t find my shoe, you don’t need to eat because I need to eat, but I don’t want to eat that, I need more attention, why do you need coffee, he’s touching me. I love you.” And evenings run at about the same speed. Though it’s a crazy ride, we wouldn’t get off of it for anything, the love goes so much deeper than any frustration or temporary slump.
The thing I’ve realized though, is sometimes in the trenches, when we’re in the thick of it and wonder how we’ll make it through the next hour, let alone the next few years, a little encouragement goes a long way. The understanding that we’re not alone in this feels like a weight lifted. So today, mamas, I want to tell you that you’ve got this. You’re not alone. YOU are enough.
Quotes That Will Help Break You Out of the Mom Slump
I’ve rounded up a few inspiring and encouraging quotes for moms that always help uplift, even on the most trying of days. We all have them, save these for those days. Print your favorite and hang it on your mirror in the bathroom or tuck it into the one in your car. They are the perfect reminders that what we do has SO much value, so much importance. We give life! And then day after day, we continue to breathe life into those little ones. Kissing boo-boos and wiping up spills, breaking up fights and brushing tangled hair is just part of the bustle that makes it happen, the vehicle of raising littles; but each word, each smile, each time we kneel to listen, kneel to pray, give a cuddle, receive a hug, teach, instruct and love”¦ each moment is life-giving; life-altering. Like a rudder on a ship, those little things can cause the biggest course adjustments later on. So mamas, smile big because the little things you do mean SO much.
Yeah, you’ve got this.
1. “The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home.” -Harold B. Lee
2. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” -Mother Theresa
3. “Just when you think you know love, something little comes along to remind you just how big it really is.”
4. “Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears and most of all, love.” -Lysa Terkeurst
5. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing fears you never knew existed.” -Linda Wooten
What is one of your favorite quotes to perk you up?! Leave it in the comments so we can all read and feel encouraged!