Our guest today is Jillian Darlington, aka Taylor’s mom, who lives in San Diego, CA. Jillian is the founder of the MomCo app, and this is the story.
The MomCo app was inspired by my own experiences as 1) a new mom trying to connect with other moms in myÂ community AND 2) an owner of an indoor playground trying to find a way to advertise to my target demographic that was within myÂ budget.
I was young when I had my son. None of my friends had children, so I worked hard for the first two years to build my amazing group of mom friends. I was fortunate to have made them,Â because a few years later my marriage fell apart.
Without the support I received from my mom friends, there is no way that I would have survived my grueling divorce, raising a toddler completely on my own, and being a small business owner.
What would we do without our mom friends? They are some of the most important people in our life. Think back to when you had your first child. Did you already have your close mom friends? How did you meet them? Did you have to put a lot of effort into it?
With my app, MomCo,Â finding friends that have similar aged children, similar interests, and live close by is not a challenge for moms anymore. The app makes connecting with other local moms effortlessÂ using aÂ smartphone connecting through aÂ Facebook profile.
In addition to connecting with moms, you can also find all of the local businesses and service providers that cater to moms and children. We’ve got lists of baby classes , indoor playgrounds, pediatricians, beauty spas, etc.
I wanted to make moms lives easier. With the MomCo app, you can:
- Locate and connect with local moms with similar aged children and interests.
- Share and get support in forums.
- Arrange playdates with local moms
- Keep current with local events.
- Save money through exclusive local deals.
- Find all the resources, services and products you need.
- Stay current with product recalls
The future? My dream is that the app is automatically downloaded once a mom becomes pregnant.
Thanks Jillian, for sharing your story! Meet other Awesome Moms here:
- 15 Super Fun 100 Day Project Ideas for Kindergarten - January 11, 2024
- The Best 20 Stay at Home Mom Jobs in 2024! - January 11, 2024
- Best Baby Tracking App of 2023 [The Feeding & Diaper Trackers You Need] - August 2, 2023