I answered the door yesterday while wearing an American Girl doll in a child-sized Ergo carrier. I had forgotten I had put it on. That is my segue to this disorganized and varied list of stuff worth reading.
- Jason Good is a dad/writer who is hilarious. Get sucked into his site. If you have a leaky bladder situation, you may not want to be sitting on your couch while you read it. Preschooler parents, this one’s for you.
- My favorite line from this sarcastic review of Ariel’s Grotto in Disneyland is “My daughter has a condition called 3-years old…”
- Breastfeeding hurts and it’s not my fault.
- The best toys $5 can buy. (Heather, you were wondering how your kids will play once you’ve packed all their toys to move? TIN FOIL!)
- Raft with a hole in it for pregnant tummies. Only in Australia, but tres cool.
- Pre-writing activities to strengthen little hands – some good non-toy toy ideas.
- When your toddler hates someone important, like Daddy or Grandma. Amalah should go down in history as the best advice columnist, really.
- Parenting without FEGO (fear+ego)
One last tip from me today. That American Girl doll my daughter made me wear in a carrier? It’s a fake. Grandma and I agreed that the dolls are too pricey for a four-year old and she went with a knock off. If you’re thinking of taking the big doll plunge, know that you can simply search for 18-inch dolls and accessories and save big bucks. Check them out.