You are going to LOVE these Gender Reveal Party Games. We won’t sugar coat it, there’s a lot of things that go into a Gender Reveal Party. There’s invites, balloons, a perfectly decorated cake, silly decorations, food, and drinks all in pink and blue. Don’t let it all distract you too much though, this is supposed to be a super fun day full of precious surprises and that’s exactly why you cannot forget to play some gender reveal games!
10 Awesome Gender Reveal Party
We know there’s a lot of different ways you can go about hosting your party (in fact, we even made our own guide full of options!), but no matter what you decide there’s always room for a little friendly competition in games. You’ll probably want your party to last a few hours since you put so much work into preparing for it, but the actual reveal of your baby’s gender will last five minute tops with a possible five minutes extra of celebrating. You’ll fill the rest of the time with talk, food, and a couple of these little games we pulled together for you.
Top 10 Gender Reveal Party Games
- Sonogram Peek-a-Boo: All this game requires is framing that sweet sonogram photo and inviting guests to come guess what the gender is. Leave a list in front of the frame for them to write their names on the side they choose. You can give the winning side a little gift after the reveal.
- Gender Juice Pong: You probably know how this game goes from your college days, but with a few little twists it makes the perfect Gender Reveal Party Game. Divide your guests however you’d like, into team blue and team pink or boys against girls. Fill some clear plastic cups with a pink or blue punch and see which team can get the most balls into their own cups. You can have the teams stand at opposite ends of the table facing each other, or if you’ve only got a shorter space just have them take turns.
- #1 Name: Grab a cute chalkboard and write out your favorite boy and girl names. Let your guests pick which one they think is your #1 choice. When you find out the gender of your baby, let your guests know your name pick too. Hey, two surprises in one! Don’t forget to snap a photo either, as a mom of 5 I can tell you the question will come up at least 20 times. “What were all the names you wanted to name me?” or “What was my name going to be if I was a girl?” and it’s much easier to just pull up the photo than try to recall your pregnancy name thoughts. You can grab some cute chalkboards here!
- Baby Ballot & Lottery: This one is pretty straightforward and someone will win a little cash in the end, which always adds an exciting twist. Have a blue and pink bucket out for guests to cast a ballot with their name on it into. After you reveal the gender, you can pull a name from the winning bucket and that person will get the pot of cash. You can go all out and make a couple of real voting stations if you want this to be the center of your party.
- Balloon Reveal Race: This gender reveal game is the actual reveal itself, too. You and whoever is helping host your party will fill 100 little balloons and scatter them around the party. Let guests know they can pop one balloon at a time whenever they’d like. 1 out of the 100 will contain either pink or blue confetti and when it is finally popped everyone will know if you’re having a boy or a girl! There are a ton of cute balloons available on Amazon.
- Pretty Pink & Baby Blue Cornhole: Once again, this game should be pretty familiar to you from your younger days. If you’re lucky you might even still have cornhole boards sitting around that can be refurbished, but if not there’s plenty of places online to buy plain ones. Spray paint the boards pink and blue and host a game or two of cornhole. This is really fun for kiddos of all ages if you’re having families come to your gender reveal. If you don’t want to spray paint the cornhole grab some pink and blue cornhole bags!
- Pop the Belly: Another fun gender reveal party games is Pop the Belly. This is a great game for those of us who have someone crafty in their lives. Set up a board with cutouts of mom and attach balloon bellies to each of them. Then play a game of darts! You can leave them empty for a simple fun game or if you want this to be the actual reveal fill the balloons with blue and pink paint. Whichever color there is more of will be the answer to what you are having!
- Silly String Battle: This might not be so much of a game, but you will rarely find party guests who aren’t excited to participate in a little silly string battle. Equip the guests with either blue or pink silly string depending on what they guess you’ re having. Then just let the battle begin!
- Name Race: Hand everyone a sheet of paper and set the timer for 9 minutes (since 9 months is the magic number!). Whoever can list the most names at that time is the winner. This game is especially great if you’re still at a loss for a baby name because you can collect the sheets and voila hundreds of ideas.
- Old Wives Tale Quiz: It’s always fun to see who knows what’s fact and what’s simply a myth. There’s plenty of quizzes already made online about Old Wives Tale myths predicting gender, you can print one of them out or just type up one of your own. Everyone can count up their points in the end and you can give the winner a small prize!
Which one of these gender reveal party games would you want to play?
Here are a few more Gender Reveal Party Posts that you may enjoy:
- The Ultimate Guide to Gender Reveal Parties + Unique Ideas for your Reveal
- 10 AMAZINGLY Adorable Gender Reveal Cakes
- Gender Reveal Gift Etiquette- what to bring (or not bring) to a Gender Reveal Party
Pin these Gender Reveal Party Games-