I’m totally jealous of these really cute announcement photos that leverage the ability of a photo to communicate all the stats for a new baby. I’m guessing I’m not the only one who will look at these and want a do-over.
This photo is courtesy of CandyCrushShop.com owner Jeannette Qunitero who created this super cute announcement of baby Luca’s arrival by sharing his name, height, date and time of birth with props.
Who has a yard stick, a stylish vintage clock, and blah blah blah? New mom Jessica confesses she did not own those things, but she bought them (and — shhh returned some of them after taking the photo.)
Jessica’s take on this style of announcement is amazing. She wrote on Facebook, “We returned the clock, yard stick, and weight after we took the picture. The lace was material we had, we printed the calendar page, and the material we wrapped her in was my daughter’s old dress. The only thing we spent money on was her name which we used in her nursery.”
I love her budget-minded success. “We took the photo ourselves with my cell phone, and we used a Shutterfly freebie and got 100 free prints of these.”
Jessica runs the Etsy shop cats and ladders.
“We may be broke but we can still be cute,” she says.
Here are more examples I found on Pinterest:
Items you might already own:
- Colored sheet, blanket, or table cloth for background
- Yard stick or measuring tape
- Scrabble tiles for spelling name
Items you might want to add:
- Simple, clear clock (affiliate link to Amazon for ones I’d consider)
- Calendar page (here are numerous styles on Pinterest)
- Paper tags, for writing details, like number of lbs and oz (affiliate link to basic ones on Amazon)