A baby carrier is a necessity for many parents as it’s an awesome way to bond with your baby that lets you skip the stroller and tend to your child hands-free. If you are expecting twins, you might be wondering what about me? While baby carriers, from slings to traditional Ergos are readily available for single babies, it can be a bit more tricky to find something suitable for twins. Luckily, we are here to help you find the best twin carrier to meet your needs!
They offer all the convenience and appeal of a single baby carrier but cater to both babies at once. They also make it a little easier for one parent to carry, tend to, and bond with twins at the same time.
What is a Twin Baby Carrier?
Twin baby carriers use the same principle and technology as single carriers. The only difference is that they allow one person to carry both children at once. The most common setups are with one carrier in the front and one in the back. Think; adult sandwich. Some carriers allow both children to be carried on your sides. This position kind of mimics holding and carrying both children at once in your arms, but with the added support of the carrier. Other carriers on the market allow the carrier to be used in tandem, and separately so parents can carry one child at a time. This is a great feature to keep your eye out for!
- Carry both babies at once: this seems obvious but many carriers are marketed as a “two pack” and not for carrying both babies at one time on one person. If you ever want to do anything hands-free with two babies, this is a must.
- Easy to use and wear: managing a baby carrier with one baby is tricky as it is. So, a twin baby carrier must be easy to wear, get on and off, and configure with one arm.
- Comfortable: baby carriers are getting better at distributing weight, but this is especially important when carrying both babies at once. You’ll want a carrier that can handle two babies, without hurting your back, shoulders, or arms.
- Flexible: many twin baby carriers can carry both at once or be used as individual carriers. This is a must-have so parents can carry one baby at a time, or handle both at once if needed.
- Safe for both babies: you’ll want a carrier that supports each child appropriately and takes their hips, spine, and weight into consideration. If it isn’t comfortable and safe for baby, it won’t be the right carrier for anyone.
The Best Twin Carriers on the Market Right Now
This is the ideal twin baby carrier, designed by a mother of twins! She wanted to be able to soothe both children at once, over having to choose which baby to carry. You will wear this twin carrier with one child on the front and one child on the back. This positioning makes it easier to have hands-free time while also connecting with both babies at once. Each carrier takes the baby’s safety and support into consideration with an ergonomic design and breathable fabric.
The feature that truly makes this one of the best twin carriers is that in addition to wearing both babies at once, each carrier can also be worn solo. This allows both parents to carry a child for one on one bonding time. The sleep hood accessory supports the baby’s head gently to make it easier for sleeping. It also doubles as a sun shield.
There are three models of the TwinGo Carrier. The original which has a larger pocket for carrying items, a Lite model which has the pocket removed, and the Air model which has a zipper to reveal a mesh panel for airflow.
If you’ve tried to carry both twins at once you know it’s a handful. This twin baby carrier situates one child on each hip so you can tend to them and carry them with added support. Most baby carriers are worn like a backpack, but this carrier is more like a harness that allows you to hold both babies on your sides.
This carrier is also different from other twin carriers in that it is all one piece and doesn’t separate to allow for single baby carrying. It doesn’t have any different configurations, only one baby on each hip. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you enjoy the hip configuration, though! The Malishastik twin baby carrier comes in a wide range of colors, also.
3: Any Ring Sling of Your Choice! (You’ll Need 2 of them!)
This is a little different from the other options on the list, but still one of the best twin carrier options! If you like the idea of a sling carrier, there is a little trick to make this work with twins. You can simply get two ring slings and put them on opposite sides. You will use the ring sling just as you would with a single baby (x2!).
Many moms love the sling because of the closeness it provides with their baby being snuggled right up against them. Check out this video to guide you on how to put the slings on and get the babies in. I would try to explain it to you, but it makes a whole lot more sense when you just see it!
This carrier is specially designed for twins, even from birth (4 lbs and up!). I would compare it to the classic Ergo baby carrier, except that in this case, you have two pouches to put your babies in. The Weego is ergonomic and hip-healthy for your babies.
Impressively, you can put this carrier on pretty easily and with no help when necessary!
Baby carriers really do allow you some extra special bonding time, and twin mamas deserve that just as much as singleton mamas! We hope this list of the best twin carriers has helped you narrow down the best option for you and your babes so that you can be hands-free parenting in no time!
Looking for advice from other twin moms? Head to the Rookie Moms Facebook Group!
Pin the Best Twin Carriers for later!
Other Articles You May Like:
- The 19 Best Nursery Gliders for 2024! [Traditional to Unique] - January 8, 2024
- 11 Best Electric Breast Pumps of 2024 & What to Keep in Mind - January 5, 2024
- The Best Baby Walkers 2024 – A Guide to Our Favorites! - January 1, 2024