Is there anything better than the laughter and memories you make while in a swimming pool during a hot summer day? Luckily, you don’t have to go through the process of building an in ground swimming pool in your backyard to splash around in the heat. You can just get an inflatable kiddie pool! We’ve pulled together a list of the very best kiddie pools for you and your little one to enjoy this summer.
Of course, the cuteness factor was taken into consideration. You are going to need to snap some photos of your sweet baby splashing around in their tiny swimsuit!
What You Need to Consider Before Adding a Pool to Your Yard
No matter how shallow a pool is, you need to take precautions to protect your little ones. Here are some safety tips to consider:
- Lay strict ground rules about the pool. Some of these rules might be: never running near the water, not going near the water without an adult, always asking mom or dad if it is okay to swim, or something as simple as needing to be a good listener.
- Always be hyper-focused on your child when swimming, even in a shallow pool. Drowning can happen within seconds.
Check out this article for more swim safety tips!
Types of Kiddie Pools:
- Molded– When you have a toddler or preschooler that you are introducing to water play, you want something that is safe and comfortable for them. You want enough water for optimum splashing, but nothing too deep that can increase its danger factor. Inexpensive, plastic kiddie pools that are shallow and about six feet in diameter are accessible at most stores, but there are other wading pools for babies and toddlers that offer more entertaining.
- Inflatable– Inflatable kiddie pools make the perfect family pool. They range in size and features. There are small kid’s inflatable pools for younger swimmers that need shallow waters and bigger options where adults can get in waist deep.
- Framed– Framed kiddie pools take longer to assemble and fill, but some of the great ones do not require extra tools. Kids enjoy these pools because it feels and looks like a big backyard pool. Parents enjoy these pools because they are just as easy to store when summer is over.
- Play Center– If your child loves bouncy houses, they will love wading pools with all of the bells and whistles. Play centers are more expensive than the other types of kiddie pools, but they incorporate features that encourage water play, imagination, and exercise. From slides to games, inflatable play centers are the ultimate kiddie pools.
View this post on Instagram
Shopping for a kiddie pool requires some attention to features like:
- Durability – The strength of the material is crucial depending on the wear and tear you predict you will need. Molded pools are the strongest at first because they are molded plastic and hold their shape until excessive heat or weight alter its material. Other kiddie pools are typically made from vinyl, some with double seams for strength. If there is a hole, a repair patch usually does the trick.
- Portability– If you are in charge of bringing the pool to the backyard party, a molded pool will take up the most space while inflatable and frame pools can deflate and fold into something more convenient.
- Storage– The ability to store the pool in the offseason is also important. Molded pools can be brought out and filled up with ease so long as you have a space for its size. All of the other pools require more time for installation and breaking down, but take up much less space when not in use. However, some pools provide multipurpose uses like sandboxes, ball pits, or a play mat that contains messes indoors and outdoors.
Best Kiddie Pools for Summer Fun!
As with any pool, adult supervision is the most important safety feature that must be included with all pools. Whether you are performing the role of lifeguard or swimmer, your child’s safety depends on it. In addition to safety, don’t forget to add a little fun with some fun pool toys.
Molded Kiddie Pools
Since sun exposure can be too much for a child’s delicate skin, a little bit of shade goes a long way to keep the fun going. Step 2 has all of the features for fun and makes your child cool in their own little pool.
Summer Waves Plastic Wading Kiddie Pool
This bright colorful pool will be perfect to fill with water in the summer and splash around in, but it’s versatile too. When the weather cools off, you can easily fill it to make a sandbox or ball pit.
Inflatable Kiddie Pools
Target has a great selection of kiddie pools that are durable, easy to blow up, and will make a super cute addition to your backyard.
Intex Swim Center Clearview Aquarium
Little swimmers will feel like big fish in this sturdy, 90-gallon inflatable pool. Parents and grandparents praise its ease in inflating and strong sides that can handle preschoolers climbing and laying on them.
I mean just take a look at these pools… could they be any cuter? Aside from the cuteness, these pools are also eco-friendly and BPA-free.
The Xflated Kiddie Pool comes in three tasty design choices: watermelon, ice cream, and hamburger. It is three-rings high, so if one ring has a puncture, the whole pool will not completely collapse.
This 4’x4’ pool is a great size for little swimmers who want to do more than just sit in the water. The strong PVC poles keep up the pool while the liner resists many scratches and pokes. Some reviewers comment how well it keeps up with their dogs swimming too!
Just like the H2OGO!, the Intex Mini Frame Pool holds up to swimming wear and tear. It is sturdy and very easy to assemble.
Intex makes swimming time sweet with this Candy Zone inflatable play center. The garden hose is used for the sprinkler feature, but children two and up will slide to their heart’s content onto the extra padding below.
Intex has numerous play centers of different designs and sizes, like the Gator Inflatable Play Center (ages 2 and up) and the Intex Dinoland Inflatable Play Center (ages 3 and up).
Water fun does not have to be in the pool alone. The Wild Waves Water Park has a slide into the pool, but also a basketball hoop and ring toss for wet fun in and out of the water.
A kiddie pool is a perfect way to create a summer full of memories right from your very own backyard. Kick back and cool down, but always remember to keep pool safety in mind!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best kids pool to buy?
Intex Swim Center Clearview Aquarium Inflatable Pool is a classic and one of my favorites. It is very easy to set up and use.
How do you keep a small kiddie pool clean?
For small pools, the easiest way to keep them clean is to drain them in between uses and refill them. If the pool gets really dirty, you can scrub it with dish soap or baby-safe shampoo and a sponge.
What ages are kiddie pools for?
Most kiddie pools are for ages 3+.
Pin for Later: Best Kiddie Pools to Beat the Summer Heat