There are few moments in life that bring as much joy as watching your baby drift off to sleep (especially when you are in need of some zzz’s yourself!). Whether you are looking for the perfect Instagram caption or you just want to remember how sweet a sleeping baby can be, below you will find a mixture of sweet and funny sleeping baby quotes that are all too relatable.
50 Sweet, Funny & Relatable Sleeping Baby Quotes from Celebrities & More
Super Sweet Sleeping Baby Quotes
That moment your little one drifts into dreamland is so sweet. If you’re like me, you probably can’t help buy peek into their crib every once in awhile and just soak it all in. The sweet sleeping baby quotes below will bring back all the feels.
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. -Victor Hugo
- A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, savings smaller, and a home happier. -Anonymous
- Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me. -Maria Jose Ovalle
- Babies smile in their sleep because they’re listening to the whispering of angels.
- My aunt gave me the best advice: Put her to sleep yourself every night. Sing to her and cradle her in your arms and sit by her side- every night. Because one day you won’t be able to. -Salma Hayek
- Sleep, baby, sleep. Thy father’s watching the sheep. Thy mother’s shaking the dreamland tree, and down drops a little dream for thee. -Elizabeth Prentiss
- You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep.
- Babies smell sweeter when they are sleeping.
- Let them sleep, for when they wake they will move mountains.
- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. -Joe Houldsworth
- Despite having a million things to do, it is very difficult to look away from my sleeping baby. She is like a magnet! -Maria Jose Ovalle
- Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up we’ve learned to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep.
- A sleeping child gives me the impression of a traveler in a very far country. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sleeping babies are like little blankets- my daughter keeps me nice and warm when snoozing in my arms! -Maria Jose Ovalle
- A sleeping baby is really good at doing the one thing you don’t get to do anymore. -Linda Poindexter
- Little boys should never be put to sleep. They always wake up a day older. -Peter Pan
- There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When my baby is sleeping, that’s when I think, “Wow, I made that.” -Maria Jose Ovalle
- The babies are amazing; they begin each day all warm and sleepy, smelling of promise. -Julia Roberts
- A day without a nap for a baby is like a cupcake without frosting.
- A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice- especially when she’s taking a nap.
- People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one. -Leo. J. Burke
- Motherhood is an experiment in how long your body can function without adequate sleep or nourishment and fueled only on adrenaline, caffeine, and baby smiles.
- No one can possess an afternoon of rain beating against the window, or the serenity of a sleeping child, or the magical moment when the waves break on the rocks. It is through such moments that God reveals himself to mankind. -Paulo Coelho
- I am your mother. You are my child. I am your quiet place. You are my wild. I am your calm face. You are my giggle. I am your wait. You are my wiggle. I am your dinner. You are my chocolate cake. I am your bedtime. You are my wide awake. I am your lullaby. You are my peek-a-boo. I am your goodnight kiss. You are my I love you.
- A new baby is like the beginning of all things- wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. -Eda LeShan
- I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.
Truthful Sleeping Baby Quotes
Parenthood can be rough, especially when you’re in the throws of things like sleep regressions and teething. There is one thing that always helps me through it though; knowing that there are plenty of other parents out there dealing with the same things. Solidarity, right?
- Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more, read her another story, you’ve only read her four. Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her happy smile. She is only a little girl for such a little while.
- Kiss your children goodnight, even if they are already asleep. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- They eat, they crap, they sleep, and if they’re crying, they need to do one of the three and they’re having trouble doing it. Real simple. -Matthew McConaughey
- A sleeping baby is the new happy hour.
- The one advice that I would give just to moms who have a child or a newborn is definitely sleep while the baby sleeps. I’ve heard that so many times. I never realized how true it really is. If you don’t, you’ll be walking around like a zombie. -Tia Mowry
- They tell you that at his age, all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. And what I’ve learned is that they can actually do all three at the same time. Who knew? -Josh Duhamel
- Rocking a baby to sleep is actually a lot less like a Johnson and Johnson commercial and a lot more like wrestling a 20 lb bag of snakes.
- It’s funny because everyone says you sleep when baby sleeps or you take a nap when baby takes a nap. That’s true when you have one. When you have two, that is not true. -Vanessa Lachey
Funny Sleeping Baby Quotes
Need a laugh? The quotes below are sure to put a smile on your face!
- Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they are born and they start using sleep deprivation to break you. -Ray Romano
- Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless. -Tina Fey
- I’m a walking zombie and I think I’m going to be like that for a while. -Tiffani Thiessen
- Our baby in particular is, we think, allergic to sleep. We think that she thinks that she’s protecting us from the sleep monsters. She’s like ”Oh, I gotta keep them up or the sleep monsters will get them.” -Ryan Reynolds
- Sleep is like the unicorn- it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any. -Dr. Seuss
- Don’t ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby’s smile is just gas. -Jill Woodhull
- Sleep? Yes, I have a vague recollection of what that was like.
- It’s okay honey, 2 hours of sleep is all I need, said no mom ever!
- When you have a baby, sleep is not an option. You can’t sleep. Even on vacation, you wake up at 6:30 am. -Jimmy Fallon
- Having children is like living in a frat house- nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up. -Ray Romano
- A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house. -Milwaukee Journal
- Sometimes going to bed feels like the highlight of my day. Ironically, to my children, bedtime is a punishment that violates their basic rights as human beings. -Jim Gaffigan
- Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us? -Alyson Hannigan
- The first night your baby sleeps 8 hours straight, you think you’d celebrate. Instead, you will run into their room thinking ”Oh my god, are they breathing?!”
- That moment when you go to check on your sleeping baby and their eyes ping open so you drop to the floor and roll out of the room like a ninja.
You know can what feels like a really big accomplishment? Getting your baby to sleep! And, in parenting every accomplishment deserves to be honored with sweet, funny, relatable quotes like these.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Pin for Later – 50 Sweet, Funny & Relatable Sleeping Baby Quotes from Celebrities