Sometimes young babies make annoyingly weird faces when you’re trying to take a picture to prove to the world how cute they really are.
In the first couple months, I found that Julian was actually a very good model while he slept. He didn’t cry or cross his eyes or make a rooting face. He was peaceful and pleasant and I’m glad I captured it on film. I ended up using a sleeping photo for our holiday card.
How to do it:
- Locate a well lit corner of your house
- Place unswaddled baby on solid colored piece of fabric, such as sheet, blanket or pillow case
- Stand above baby looking down to shoot picture
- For best results, do not use zoom or flash– move camera or lighting instead
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Cancer is a big ugly jerk. Donate to Cycle for Survival - January 23, 2015
- Cheater’s chicken soup with picky kid variations - January 23, 2015
- Adorable and inexpensive things to hang from your child’s ceiling - January 21, 2015