- This TED Talk, by Jennifer Senior, addresses the anxiety produced by all the parenting advice out there, written as if parenting is a crisis. Her book All Joy and No Fun, documents how our culture has transformed parenting into an active verb, signifying that we invest all our time and resources into our kids.
- Once upon a time, I loved Gymboree clothing for my baby. Then, I decided the designs were too precious and Not My Style (NMS). Now, I’m back on board and I can’t stop buying stuff in the Under $7 department. None of it says “Cute as a cupcake.” I promise.
- Father’s Day cards you can make adorable with your own photos.
- Our contributor Laura did such a lovely job on her monthly photos of baby Eli, I could look at them every day.
- What do you say when your children start throwing curveball questions at you? Whit Honea’s new book, The Parent’s Phrase Book makes a terrific Father’s Day gift as well as useful bathroom reading, if you know what I mean. He’s a friend and the tone is so him.
- Cute as heck superhero-themed Father’s Day comic printable from I Heart Naptime
- Where can I add a chalkboard area to my house where the dust won’t drive me crazy? How about the back door, like Amy from Mom Advice.
The following two tabs change content below.
RookieMoms.com co-founder Whitney lives with her husband, son, and daughter in the San Francisco Bay Area where she writes about parenting, crafts, and activities that moms can do with babies in tow. She and Heather also publish 510Families.com, a site for East Bay parents and are the authors of The Rookie Mom's Handbook and Stuff Every Mom Should Know.