I got this activity from Savvy Source, the web site that helps you find the right preschool for your child. Not only do they have all the info you need to know about preschool, the site also offers about two bazillion activities for 2-6 year olds. How do you pick one? Well you can browse them by category, but who doesn’t love a good quiz? Answer a bunch of questions about your preschool-aged child and get recommended activities.
The one I’m excited about today is “Fun with melting ice.”
- Take a small plastic toy, place in freezable container (I’ll be using a ziploc bag) and fill with water. You can use a dixie cup or something like that.
- Freeze the pouch of water.
- At bathtime, give treasure-filled ice blob to your child.
- Watch how long it takes for the ice to melt away so the child can get to the toy.
If your child finds this activity frustrating and you end up with a spastic, wet tantrum instead of a delightful science lesson, please don’t blame me. Let it be known that I will be trying this tonight and have not tried it yet.
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- How to turn your child into a pirate: Halloween costume idea #297 - September 2, 2014
- Activity #305: Alter your board books - August 29, 2014
- Activity #29: Upgrade your own “crib” - August 25, 2014