Who’s feeling brave today? Do you want to write something to inspire other rookie moms? (Nod your head; the correct answer is “Yes.”)
We had so much fun during A Very Rookie Summer that we are launching a new series of reader-submitted posts. This time, we’ve got ourselves a partner. method, the San Francisco-based makers of green home cleaning products (who prefer that we write their name in all lower-case letters), is sponsoring this new series so you’ll see their logo along with each post. And, if your story is selected, method will send you a thank you gift.
So, without further ado, our new theme is Fearless Fridays.
Fearless Fridays are all about trying something new. Something like breastfeeding in public, flying alone with your baby, or leaving a teenaged babysitter in charge for the first time. We invite you to share a story about a time when you were afraid to do something and you did it anyway. (We’re talking about parenting-related challenges, people. We’re glad you jumped off that high dive in 2nd grade, but, uh, it’s a little off topic.)
How to participate:
- Write a post on our theme within the body of an email.*
- Include a photo or two.
- Put “Fearless Friday” in your subject line.
- Send the email to moms at rookiemoms dot com.
We’ll select our favorites and post a different reader’s contribution each week for the next six weeks. If we use your story, method will send you a totally awesome package to help you brave flu season.
We can’t wait to hear from you courageous parents. Look for the first installment of Fearless Fridays on October 1st and read them weekly through November 5th.
* Note that while we don’t mind if you have already told your story on your own blog, we hope you will freshen it up with a deeper focus on your fear and how you conquered it before you share it with us. Also, we technically don’t have a due date, but if you wait until Thursday November 4th, your odds of being selected drop considerably.
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Holiday cards I can barely read - December 18, 2014
- An embarassingly unmagical, un-pinnable day - December 12, 2014
- Building your wishlist: Valuable parenting books, recommended by readers - December 9, 2014