When we had no kids and Sunday afternoons were a long string of free hours to fill, Heather and I embarked on silly craft projects. In the early part of this decade, I lead her from duct tape purse to sock dogs.
Now, my crafts are usually kid-centric and often unfinished. Julian and I did manage to paint some stars on a plain thermal shirt yesterday with fabric paint and a stencil. It was finished and he wore it that day.
My point is: I love me a handmade gift. I hope I find time to work on some this coming season.
Gift ideas I’ve shared in the past:
- Memory Game – put personalized photos on wood blocks and make it into a game.
- Create a Princess Tutu – this is pretty much a no-sew project!
- Sew a quick newborn hat from a t-shirt
- Create a personalized paper banner
- Embellish a shirt or other item with felt and floss.
Feel free to post comments with links to your projects.
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Rainbow birthday party ideas - January 28, 2015
- Cancer is a big ugly jerk. Donate to Cycle for Survival - January 23, 2015
- Cheater’s chicken soup with picky kid variations - January 23, 2015