Our friend, Karen, (formerly known as Auntie Karen, now rookie mom Karen) blew us away with these pictures of her son’s first three months in custom onesies that she made in minutes.
Baby Laz is wearing a dot for each month of his age (1 dot = 1 month old, get it?) and laying around on their coordinated rug from Crate and Barrel and relaxing on the living room chair.
Click to enlarge because, so cute.
This is how she did it:
I just freehand drew the circles. It’s permanent so I can save the onesies for the next kid. I edited the photos in iPhoto so they’d be kind of the same size.
Next time I’d try to do him closer to birth for the first one, with a blank onesie, but not sure how realistic that would be. I plan to do it for at least a year, maybe longer if he will put up with it! Obviously will be more dramatic as he gets bigger and bigger but I still can’t believe how skinny his legs were at 1 month!!
- Take photos to show growth
- Reader did-do: Monthly chair photos
- Timestamp a baby photo
- Photoshop your memories
Have you done any clever photo series to show your baby’s growth? We’d love to see them.
Thank you, Karen and Laz!
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- When we gave each other nothing more than ideas for Christmas - December 16, 2014
- Activity #45: Do what YOU want to do - December 15, 2014
- How to get your breast pump covered by health insurance - December 5, 2014