We asked our Facebook community of 9000 moms to answer this: What piece of advice do you give to new moms?
There were so many responses that we have to break it up into several posts, and I thought this list of books and DVDs might be a good place to start.
Do you agree or disagree with these recommendations? Did any of these items help you? Did any of them make you feel terrible or confuse you?
What to read or watch when you need help with your new baby, in no particular order, according to our readers:
- The Baby Sleep Solution book by Suzy Giordano
- The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD
- Dunstan Baby Language DVDs will help you understand what your newborn wants.
- Itsy Bitsy Yoga has some poses that help calm babies and improve digestion. One mom says, “The Divine Drop was a lifesaver.” (Google it!)
- The Dr. Sears library of books
- Baby 411 book
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding book
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer
I notice that no one mentioned Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which was one of Heather and my most trusted sources. Is that book out of fashion?
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Stuff rookie moms should know about (April 2014) - April 17, 2014
- Online doctor’s appointments are my new favorite thing (Sponsored) - April 15, 2014
- Frozen birthday party ideas - April 9, 2014