Get out into nature! Hiking with your baby is easier than you might think. Oh sure, you’ll need to be prepared just like when you go practically anywhere, but the exercise and fresh air are a little bit magical.
Fellow East Bay mom, Dana, reminds us to take the Treehuggers In Training Oath, centered around three “B”s: beverages, blankets and bumcover disposal methods when hitting the hiking trails:
- I promise to pack beverages – Milk for me [the babe], in whatever form I prefer, and water for mom
- I promise to never leave the house with out the blanket- on which to sit, with which to cover, and to share
- I promise to be responsible with my bumcover- Tree Huggers always pack out what they packed in. A ziploc is your friend.
I’m not gonna lie to you. After During my baby’s first hike into the woods, he had a poo’splosion so massive, it required a full change of clothes. Ahh, but those memories are priceless.
This is your sixteenth challenge. How are you doing? Did you complete this challenge? Love it or hate it, tell us how it went:
- Comment below and spill the details.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Name your destination on Twitter or Instagram and use hashtag #rookiemoms.
- Or, link in the comments to your own blog post about this challenge.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Tech Tuesday: How I get out the door faster with Shoe Time Music - July 29, 2014
- Activity #25: Host an ugly baby (clothes) contest - July 28, 2014
- Star Wars birthday party ideas on a budget - July 25, 2014