This is our fourth weekly challenge for rookie moms.
Take a walk through a fabric store with your baby in a front carrier.
If you’re game, pick up something for a fun craft project.
If your baby’s gender was not known and you have stack of pale green and yellow clothes you don’t love, buy some bright buttons and sew them on to give the clothes a little more character.
Can you handle a project beyond sewing on a button? Be brave, girl!
Purchase a long swath of fabric and create a no-sew Moby wrap (AKA fauxby wrap, that’s faux-Moby wrap, we’re into puns) using our easy-peasy tutorial.
Or select a large square of flannel for an easy swaddling blanket.
Both of these sewing projects are so simple that I’ve done them each three or four times. And I’m not the crafty one.
Baby older than this? Let her touch all the different fabrics, faux furs, zippers, and doodads under your close supervision.
Did you complete this challenge? Love it or hate it, tell us how it went:
- Comment below.
- Share a picture with us on Facebook.
- Name your destination on instagram or Twitter and use hashtag #rookiemoms.
- Or, link in the comments to your own blog post about this challenge.
[fabric store picture from kevin1024 via flickr; me in the fauxby wrap that I made!]
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- No mean names allowed - January 21, 2015
- Activity #50: Launch Camp Grandma - January 19, 2015
- Cool invention: kid cups by Puj that hang on your fridge - January 15, 2015