Today at Totland playground, I was reflecting that when Holden was this age (13 months), I was just a little bit pregnant and about to go down the path of being pregnant with a young toddler on my way to two under two.
Wow, what was I thinking? And what will I think of next?
I started to brainstorm about what’s just a little better this time around.
- No morning sickness
- I don’t worry whether Milo will walk or not walk. I know some day he will and I think it’s kinda cool he takes his time about it.
- Likewise, I don’t stress about whether he’ll talk or not. He’ll get there. I could live without the screeching and pointing but I’m pretty sure it’s temporary.
- Holden is an amazing big brother; he sees that Milo is learning so much and he’s patient to teach him things, model being the big boy, and generally boss him around.
- I love to see the brotherly love.
- We’re all sleeping better.
- Milo’s got a sweet laugh and he really lights up when he sees his dad.
- Balls. Milo loves ‘em and he’s lucky because we have ‘em in stock.
- Gear. Like with balls (or any toys), we’re pretty well stocked up and don’t have to run out to buy much — except diapers.
- Clothes. See balls and gear. We’re lucky to have Holden’s hand-me-downs plus Julian’s. Yay!
- No anticipation of being 9 months pregnant with a 20 month old (granted, I didn’t really know what to anticipate, but now that I do, whew, I think I’ll avoid that situation if I can).
- Music Together. Silly but true. I’m glad we’re doing it again, because H liked it so much.
- I can fit into my clothes again.
Plus I have all those mushy love feelings whenever I think of them, look at pictures of them, or visit them sleeping.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- The gift I want to give every new mom: FOOD! - October 21, 2014
- Observing the lasts of parenting is trickier than the firsts - October 15, 2014
- Happy 9 Year Blogiversary! - October 12, 2014