I feel like it’s Friday, but the calendar tells me it’s not. We Rookie Moms have had a big month. And I’m talking about April (let’s just pretend I wrote this post on May 1st.) We had three real-life events with our bloggy friends.
1) Heather and her teammates for The Relay ran 200 miles in two days. Calling themselves “Eat- Blog- Run”, they hit the ground running in sparkly skirts in Calistoga, CA and finished two days later in Santa Cruz.
Here is the roster of lovelies who participated:
- Brenna from Barefoot Brenna
- Christine from Boston Mamas
- Meg from Fox and Bunny and Woodpecker Stew
- Sherry + Samantha from GarzaGirls
- Kelly from Just Spotted
- Kari from Karianna Spectrum
- Emmie from Life Behind the Curve
- Marie from Make and Takes
- Linsey from Me Too You
- Carrie from This Mama Makes Stuff
- Jane, driver extraordinare, from This Week for Dinner
2) I “helped a mother out”. At a party put together by Help A Mother Out and sponsored by Huggies (thank you!) we raised enough money to buy over 17,000 diapers for women who need help with their daily expenses. I met Kelly Tirman, a very sweet rookie mom and blogger who takes better pictures than I do. She’s got a few of her gorgeous daughter at the party.
Best party favor: Amber Wolf of WizBang Photography in SF took this picture of me and my rookie kid.
3) Finally, last night, Heather and I attended *Mommy Boot Camp* in the form of a seminar taught by Kristen Chase, author of Mominatrix. I learned that I should buy new lingerie. (How did I forget this in just one year?)
Before the event, Kristen was completely wonderful to my children and hung out in my backyard for a couple of hours.
In case you missed anything, here’s what we posted this month.
iPad app for kids: SUPER WHY
New Sponsor: Little Uni
Latest posts by Whitney Moss (see all)
- Cancer is a big ugly jerk. Donate to Cycle for Survival - January 23, 2015
- Cheater’s chicken soup with picky kid variations - January 23, 2015
- Adorable and inexpensive things to hang from your child’s ceiling - January 21, 2015