Sawyer’s picks for baby toys:
Though my ten month old can frequently be found trying to suck on chair legs, eat tiny Legos and gnaw on the tube of diaper cream, he also likes to play with age-appropriate toys. If I let him add all his favorite toys to the shopping cart, this is what he would choose:
A busy box for babies
This wooden Discovery box is safe for crawlers and sitters to explore. He has one like this to play with at daycare and always looks for it. It is the next big on-the-floor toy now that he’s graduating from the beloved baby gym.
Sawyer loves to make music out of anything that bangs, clicks, and clacks. He thinks all babies should have instruments. Not interested in the whole musical set? He likes these colorful mini maracas to throw on the floor in the car.
Toys that roll
He finds all wheeled items hilarious. He likes to push, chase, and catch them (with his mouth, of course). This Go car is made for small hands.
Could Sawyer be any more bored with plush right now? I don’t think so. He wants wood, metal, or rigid plastic to soothe his sore tooth buds. This toy has hard bits connected by stretchy cords.
Our Parent Talk posts in June
On our giggle blog, we wrote two fabulous articles that you’ll definitely want to read.
- 5 tips for baby roadtrips – My lessons learned from driving journeys of yesteryear will be put to the test next week on our trip to family camp. Hold me.
- Father’s day, show him the love. The official day is past, but the lovefest can continue. Here’s how.
Share your baby’s favorite picks for toys in the comments. Sawyer will respond to every suggestion.
This post is sponsored by giggle who now offers a pregnancy tracker. We hope you like our picks and writing for giggle; you’ve been pretty silent about the whole arrangement.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #10: Plan a mom’s night out - April 14, 2014
- How to have the best day ever with my two-year-old - April 10, 2014
- How I taught my children to go to bed and stay there - April 2, 2014