This is a quickie little game that I do probably once a day… it’s easy to do when Holden is already in my lap or on the glider and he likes it about as much as me playing with his little piggies.
Easy steps to fake boat rowing:
- Sit on the floor with your legs together and straight out in front of you.
- Lay your baby on your legs with his head at your feet and his feet close to your body.
- Hold his hands and pull him toward you as you lean back and forth.
- As you lean forward, lower him again to your legs. While you are rocking, sing the song: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.
It sounds simple enough, but Holden likes mix it up by combining standing, sitting, and laying down so he’s a lot to hold onto. This is also a really big hit when I do it on the glider… we really move then.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #38: Take a sensory tour around the block - October 27, 2014
- The gift I want to give every new mom: FOOD! - October 21, 2014
- Observing the lasts of parenting is trickier than the firsts - October 15, 2014