This is a quickie little game that I do probably once a day… it’s easy to do when Holden is already in my lap or on the glider and he likes it about as much as me playing with his little piggies.
Easy steps to fake boat rowing:
- Sit on the floor with your legs together and straight out in front of you.
- Lay your baby on your legs with his head at your feet and his feet close to your body.
- Hold his hands and pull him toward you as you lean back and forth.
- As you lean forward, lower him again to your legs. While you are rocking, sing the song: Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.
It sounds simple enough, but Holden likes mix it up by combining standing, sitting, and laying down so he’s a lot to hold onto. This is also a really big hit when I do it on the glider… we really move then.
Latest posts by Heather Flett (see all)
- Activity #42: Send your mate out to jog - November 24, 2014
- The Control Freak’s Guide to packing your diaper bag - November 18, 2014
- 5 strategies to put HAPPY in your holidays - November 12, 2014